Switchbot intergration not working after 2022.4.7

I’m new to home assistant and have had switchbot working as a integration for a few days now. I updated HA to 2022.4.7 and noticed that switchbot integration tile had an error. I tried removing the integration and adding it again and I get the following error in the logs.

[homeassistant.config_entries] Error occurred loading configuration flow for integration switchbot: cannot import name 'GetSwitchbotDevices' from 'switchbot' (/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/switchbot/__init__.py)

Anyone know if this is a braking change with the latest version, or something I may have configure incorrectly?

Thanks.

Just had the exact same issue. It also happened to me when I upgraded HA OS. In my case, I upgraded it to HA OS 8.0. I believe this is happening because you installed python-switchbot at somepoint inside the docker as a root and it probably overwrote the reference to switchbot which is also used by the official switchbot component.

I installed it via pip so I can use it for pyscript, but maybe we need to be more clever about how to install custom packages. I’m still new to this and I’m not sure how to solve this in the future yet.

I also can’t install the integration. Error: Config-flow cannot be loaded : undefined.
Home Assistant Core 2022.5.4

1 Like