Switchbot Outdoor Thermometer / Hygrometer

Hi @david1994 ,

If you install the TheengsGateway HA Add-On now, it should already also install the latest Theengs Decoder dependency, so that the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter should already be decoded

If you already had it installed with the previous version of Theengs Decoder and cannot just update Decoder manually with pip, uninstalling and reinstalling the TheengsGateway HA Add-On should then include the latest version of Decoder.

Let us know how you get on.

An update to TheengsGateway (HA Add-On) will also be released in due course.

Thank you very much!

I had reinstalled the addon, so I thought the encoder must be upgraded. My error was an other.

I used HCI3 as Adapter for the gateway, I had to change the configurare of “hci3”.

I’m happy that I works

btw the gateway and the addon are really great - new devices are supported very soon, passive Bluetooth monitor or the official hassio Integrations needs nearly 3 months longer :slight_smile:

One last questions: use the android app the last version of encoder? In the docs of the android app a few devices aren’t in the list of supported devices.

2 Likes

No bad mouthing of ble-monitor please :wink: as Ernst and I have been working well on new decoders together before and I’m sure he’s busy with other devices’ requests at the moment. But I’m glad to hear you enjoy the TheengsGateway Add-On :slight_smile:

The Android and iOS Theengs App is currently using Theengs Decoder version 1.4.0, so the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter is not yet supported, but will be included with an upcoming release of the App.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to get it to show up using gateway version 1.5.1 on an ESP 32.

Will the new decoder version also be available for the ESP gateway?

Hi @Klikini, yes, the new Theengs Decoder with the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter decoder will be included in the next OpenMQTTGateway release for your ESP32.

If you don’t want to wait for the next official release you can also already install the current development test version at

https://docs.openmqttgateway.com/dev/upload/web-install.html

Is there anything else we need to do to help get this added / supported?

1 Like

As talormanda has said, if you need more data for the SwitchBot Outdoor Meter please let me know how I may help?

I did install Theengs to my HA but wasn’t quite sure what to do next and I didn’t want to break the existing MQTT setup I have running for a GivEnergy integration.

It is now supported into OpenMQTTGateway and Theengs Gateway latest versions.

For Theengs Gateway, once the addon is installed, you just have to configure your mqtt parameter into the configuration tab:

username and password can be created in HA user management

1 Like
{
"id": "E7:2B:3E:06:3C:24",
"rssi": -54, 
"brand": "SwitchBot",
 "model": "Outdoor Meter",
 "model_id": "W340001X",
 "type": "THB",
 "tempc": 27.6,
 "tempf": 81.68,
 "hum": 39,
 "batt": 100,
 "mfr": "Woan Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd."
}

When I check the firmware in the SwitchBot app it shows V2.3
Curiously it also shows battery as 1%.
Pethaps a cloud connectivity issue?

That looks more like an app implementation error, I would suspect it to display correctly once it goes down to 99% and below, or it will possibly be 0.99 then.

Do the temperature and humidity match for you though, as shown in the Theengs Gateway output above?

Thank you. Yes, they seem to match.
Not sure what caused the spike this morning. It’s still indoors at the moment.

Did you or someone else hold it in their hand briefly at that time? This usually causes such spikes in any temperature sensors.

Haha, yes and I popped the batteries out to see if I could spot any useful text. :joy::man_facepalming:t2:

In defence of my memory, it was 3:30 am.

2 Likes

Why does mine include brand, model and model_id. Is that because Theengs has been updated and decodes the manufacturerdata that appears in the samples other have shared earlier in this thread?

Because Theengs Gateway has brand, model, model_id and manufacturer (if applicable) included for all devices which it can recognise and decode.

Not just for you, but for everyone :slight_smile:

1 Like

If the others checked again with Theengs and MQTT explorer would they now see the extra properties too?

Yes they would/do.

The previously posted results from @kaizoor and @qgazq with the undecoded data really helped in getting the decoder implemented, with everyone now seeing what you are seeing with the relevant properties of brand, model, model_id, and most importantly temperature, humidity and battery level.

That was the whole point of the above collaboration - getting a working decoder for the SwitchBot Outdoor thermometer :slight_smile:

Awesome, thank you. So now we just keep our fingers crossed it may be added to the HA integration. :crossed_fingers:

My next HA task is to configure the recorder to store the temperature state data for my SwitchBot meters for longer.

Is it not available in statistics? Try to add a statistic chart with entities from the sensor.

You should not have to change the recorder length.