Switched from Z2M to ZHA - Unknown devices

Hi,
I’ve just switched from Zigbee2MQTT to ZHA, because Z2M wasn’t adding any useful feature to me compared to ZHA, but was adding a lot of complexity and some latency. Most of my devices got correctly recognized. But I have 2 that don’t have the correct controls or values.

There is a temperature and humidity sensor with this signature:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.EndDevice: 2>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress: 128>, manufacturer_code=4417, maximum_buffer_size=66, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=66, server_mask=10752, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=66, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=True, *is_full_function_device=False, *is_mains_powered=False, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=False, *is_router=False, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0x0051",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0xef00"
      ],
      "out_clusters": [
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZE200_locansqn",
  "model": "TS0601",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

As well as a IR blaster with ability to read and learn IR signals:

{
  "node_descriptor": "NodeDescriptor(logical_type=<LogicalType.Router: 1>, complex_descriptor_available=0, user_descriptor_available=0, reserved=0, aps_flags=0, frequency_band=<FrequencyBand.Freq2400MHz: 8>, mac_capability_flags=<MACCapabilityFlags.AllocateAddress|RxOnWhenIdle|MainsPowered|FullFunctionDevice: 142>, manufacturer_code=4098, maximum_buffer_size=82, maximum_incoming_transfer_size=82, server_mask=11264, maximum_outgoing_transfer_size=82, descriptor_capability_field=<DescriptorCapability.NONE: 0>, *allocate_address=True, *is_alternate_pan_coordinator=False, *is_coordinator=False, *is_end_device=False, *is_full_function_device=True, *is_mains_powered=True, *is_receiver_on_when_idle=True, *is_router=True, *is_security_capable=False)",
  "endpoints": {
    "1": {
      "profile_id": 260,
      "device_type": "0xf000",
      "in_clusters": [
        "0x0000",
        "0x0003",
        "0x0004",
        "0x0005",
        "0x0006",
        "0xe004",
        "0xed00"
      ],
        "0x000a",
        "0x0019"
      ]
    },
    "242": {
      "profile_id": 41440,
      "device_type": "0x0061",
      "in_clusters": [],
        "0x0021"
      ]
    }
  },
  "manufacturer": "_TZ3290_7v1k4vufotpowp9z",
  "model": "TS1201",
  "class": "zigpy.device.Device"
}

The temperature sensor don’t have any returned value.
The IR blaster have some controls but nothing related to IR, all I can do is turn it on and off.

I’ve read that some people add “quirks” to make ZHA work with new device. But I couldn’t find any information about what this is, where to find them or how to install them.

Could someone help me with this ?
Thanks in advance for any answer, have a great day.

Hi @SaladCesar!
I had the same trouble with the IR blaster, but there is a device support request for it (Check [Device Support Request] RTX Zigbee Tuya ZIR aka. TS1201 · Issue #1687 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub). Hopefully it will be natively integrated soon. In the meantime, check the request for information on how to solve it, you will find that there is a custom quirk by ferehcarb. The steps to follow summarizes in:

I recommend not following those steps blindly and check the request. You will learn how to register codes and how to send them. If you experience problems with the quirk after updating HA, check again the thread as any change in ZHA may require updating the quirk.

Hope that this helps!