Switching from OpenZwave (Beta) to Zwave JS

And how do I delete them manually? Thanks.

Can you delete the unused entities?

Well, Iā€™d like to delete them, but I donā€™t know how to. Thereā€™s no button to do this that I can see. Am I supposed to go into the database with some sort of editor and do it that way?

Click on an entity, isnt there a delete button?

Thereā€™s no Delete option for Devices that I can see. If I browse the Entities list, then indeed there is a Delete button for the individual Entities (198 OZW entities!) - but the Delete button is not operationalā€¦

OK - Iā€™ve stumbled on the solutionā€¦

Even though I had previously deleted the OpenZwave integration, either restarting the Core, the Supervisor or rebooting the Core had enabled it again.

I deleted the integration a second time, and now all the OZW devices and entities have automagically also been deleted.

Edit: thinking about it, perhaps what happened here is that from the Supervisor section, I uninstalled the OZW integration - and since it was removed from that screen, I assumed that that was sufficient to delete the integration. However, perhaps it was still showing on the Configuration > Integrations screen - and I needed to explicitly delete it from here as well?

Yes off course

Well, you say ā€œof courseā€, but I was in the mindset of thinking that when I uninstall something, all traces of it are removed from the system. That is not the case here. There are interlinked components that need to be addressed separately. And by documenting my experience in this thread, perhaps it might help clarify matters for others like myself.

Step 3 and 4 in start post :slight_smile:

In all fairness, I added that about 30 minutes ago.

Oh really :rofl:, didnā€™t say anything thenā€¦

But itā€™s true ā€œintegrationā€ and ā€œaddonā€ are mixed up a lotā€¦

1 Like

Hi all,
Iā€™m using five Qubino Flush Dimmer Pilot Wire and after migrated from OpenZWave to Z-Wave JS, two of them are marked alive and ready but their entities are unavailable (I let it run all night ! ).
I rebooted HA many times, uninstalled and re-installed zjs ā€¦ the problem still occured.
I reverted to ozw this morning and all work fine !

No, start at the top of the guide and move top down. You skipped steps that explain how to fill that information out. Thereā€™s even screenshots showing you where to get that information.

Sorry, iā€™m balancing 4 guides and I wasnā€™t being rude. I was purely pointing out that step 2 is how you get the information. Apparently I left out the bullet on where to put it, but it should be self explanatory without the step as the 2 pages are identical.

EDIT: and now itā€™s in the guide.

2 Likes

Messaging on a forum does not convey inflection. Iā€™m sorry you feel wronged, it wasnā€™t my intention. You have to realize Iā€™m getting hundreds of messages a day on these guides and 3 other topics.

3 Likes

Maybe you need to stop being overly sensitive and entitled.

Petro was kind enough to put all of these guides together for people (like you) who donā€™t know enough (or donā€™t want to do the work on their own to learn enough) to do things on their own.

why donā€™t you try looking thru his history of posts in the last few days since the zwave js integration has been released. If you do you will see how much work he has done trying to help others out.

So maybe itā€™s YOU who is the one being rude.

And since you arenā€™t the one who decides if you are being rude or not you canā€™t deny it it either.

Isnā€™t it nice how that all works outā€¦

4 Likes

I know that reading text doesnā€™t in any way convey the fellings behind the writing, but you actually got an apology? Iā€™ve also been on the receiving end of texts that werenā€™t nice, and also, because english is not my native tounge, posted some that were clumsy and could be construded as rude, which was not the intent, all you can do is attempt to explain the meaning, and do it in a positive tone, which I think @petro did, and he did one more and apologized for the misunderstanding.
So letā€™s get it constructive, and make some fun @petro can surely take it and Iā€™m sure you can too @JJJ :smile:
Keep up the good work @petro, and good work by pointing out a missing step in the guide @JJJ

2 Likes

Hi,
is it possible to inverse the percentage values for my fibaro roller shutter 3?
thanks!

Question about configuring devices properties from ZwaveJS. I currently donā€™t see a way to edit the properties of a device. In OpenZwave beta we were able to adjust the properties and see details of the devices themselves (although slowly and through a buggy interface)ā€¦ Is this functionality planned in the future with ZwaveJS?

Itā€™s already there! See Ā«valueĀ» section, third from the top on the photo. But the position might differ depending of the device.