Switching Gledopto GL-C-009P on / off / dim with Smart Knob

I have a Gledopto GL-C-009P and a Moes Smart Knob, controlled by a Sonoff 3.0 dongle, latest’s versions of Home Assistant 2023.3.1, running ZHA.

I can control the GL-C-009P from the devices screen and via a dashboard, switch on / off / dim ect without issue. I have installed HA - Moes Smart Knob for lights by Seamus65 but when I create an automation I get nothing from the GL-C-009P.

Within the automation screen I can see its being triggered and have trace logs.

I am a newbie to Home Assistant but have been doing home automation for years using Vera, any assistance would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum!

Can’t you make anything out of the trace logs?
It should state there where it is going wrong.
Isn’t it better to ask your question in that specific topic? ( Moes Smart Knob Lights Control )

Thanks Nick4

I’m not convinced its an issue with the Smart Knob, but with the GL-C-009P hence why I didn’t post in that specific topic.

Looking through the Trace logs nothing jumps out at me!

But if you are able to control the light from the UI, it should work

Does it also expose the option to dim in the UI? So you can!
From what I have seen in the blueprint the only option is to dim/brighten but not to switch on/of or anything else.

Yeah I can dim no problem through the UI.

The blueprint allows On, Off Toggle, Dim Up and Down and a few other behaviour options, I’ve created automations for quite a few but nothing works.

I don’t know if this is normal but when I look at the device info for the GL-C-009P the device type is Router!

That seem to be normal: lights can function as routers.
Since on one hand you can control the light and the knob is integrated, this should work…

Did you use the search: Search results for 'zha moes smart knob' - Home Assistant Community

Yeah, I’ve gone through all the feeds I could find about the Smart Knob, I’ve tried a couple of blueprints with the same results. :frowning:

I’ve fixed it!!!

Even though Zigbee2MQTT was disabled it must have still been doing something, I’ve removed Zigbee2MQTT and it started working straight away.

1 Like

Good, up to the next thing! :wink:

If you mark your last post as the solution, this topic will be displayed as solved.
That way you help others looking for the same issue or don’t waste anyone’s energy/time to jump trying to help.

Thanks for your help, I have a long way to go and the next step will to migrate all my Zwave kit into HA.

Phil

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Good luck with that, I just migrated to a new system and switched from deCONZ to zigbee2mqtt.