Switching phones. Questions about sensors from Android companion app

Switching from an Android to another, and in the process I have a couple of questions:

1. The sensor entities (and obviously the device) from the old phone still show up in HA. How do I properly get rid of those? Old phone is now off. Do I just wait for say 24 hours (or 7 days per recorder config)? Do I log out of HA from my old phone?
  2. The new phone has a couple of sensors I no longer needs. I have disabled those from the companion app from the new phone, but the entities still linger in HA. So how do I get rid of those?

I understand I could just disable unwanted device / entities. But before I do that… am wondering if there’s any better / proper way.

Comments? Questions? Recommendations?
Anything else I should provide? My old phone was an Android 10, and new one, 11.

the entity IDs wont change if you wanted updated IDs follow these steps in order: Troubleshooting | Home Assistant Companion Docs

disable the entity directly in HA, the app is currently unable to remove them but if it was from the old phone then just dont enable the sensor when you follow the steps above.