Sylvania Smart+ Bluetooth devices working in Home Assistant! Yes!

On my bulbs, it’s right on the bulb itself, looks like this:

BTW, I actually flashed BACK to the Alexa firmware, as they recently put a fix in specifically for these bulbs for the Alexa Media Player integration.

Can you write me a tutorial for a lay? What you meen, i install a new firmware? :slight_smile:

i have a SMART+ BLUETOOTH Bulb and i connect this with LEDVANCE SMART+ Bluetooth / App: LDV BT.

EDIT: i found the point in the App: LDV BT => amazon firmeware
But, if i install this, i dont found the Bulb in the amazon alexa app.
i turn the firmware back to the LEDVANCE and now i found the Bulb with the LDV BT app.
what can i do, to connect the bulb in the amazon alexa app ?

Thanks

Would like to follow this topic as I have a number of these bulbs without a homekit code on them, and I don’t have any existing google or alexa infrastructure, would love to avoid creating one just for these bulbs if I can help it.

Edit: I’ve just been using them in this app: ‎SYLVANIA Smart Home on the App Store

Thank you!! I followed your steps and successfully added the Sylvania BL strip lights to my HA.

I followed OP’s steps and found the device under ENTITIES NOT DEVICES (as OP mentioned but I clearly missed)

1 Like

So if added to the HA home kit bridge. Would they be available in both HA and Apple Home?

So good new i have about 20 of the Sylvania bulbs ($5 CAN @ Dollarama) and the internet was down last night. I was still able to control the lights using Alexa so local control using Alexa and the Alexa firmware. weird not all Alexa devices could control all the light but just some and other devices none at all. My Echo 4 could control them all. HA using the Media Player had no local control. I find the bulbs in HA linked throw the media player are so to update if the are on or off and i have been unable to tell what Alexa device the bulbs are connected to.

1 Like

I have a bunch of these also, I keep debating if I should buy an ESP32 and set it up as a bluetooth proxy for HA, but I think HA still needs to know how to talk to it, which I don’t think it would. (needs an integration ?)

For now I’m using the Alexa Media Player method, which does work but can be hit or miss.

You’d have to use this:

Not super reliable in my experience (in particular after power outages/resets), and doesn’t support colors (just on and off)

Also it requires way more than an ESP32. At least a raspberrypi since it needs docker

1 Like

Thanks, I remember stumbling on that awhile back. Yeah, the no color controls is kind of a bummer, I have that working with the Alexa Media Player integration.

Been getting a lot Server is unresponsive issue with the bulbs any tricks to fix this. Reboot all the Echo devises but its hit and miss.

I get the same, they just kind of suck … luckily they were only 2 bucks each for me.

I’ve tried all 3 firmware variants. (Apple, Alexa and Google)

I had an old echo dot that I stuck as close as possible to them, that helped a little.

True for $2.50 CAN what can you ask for, i still buy them when they are in stock :).
Do you us the Sylvania App and link to Alexa or straight to Alexa. Right now I’m pairing to Alexa. Thinking about pairing to the app then link to Alexa.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I paired to the app first to get the firmware updates. The app is weird, you have to go all the way out, basically reset it, for it to let you switch to another firmware.

Sometimes Alexa responds with some server error message, but I assume that’s an Alexa issue. Control through homeassistant continues to work at all times

When i was having issues with the bulbs HA was unable to see then. I used Alexa to bring the bulbs in to HA. Can HA pair with the bulbs on it’s own that would be nice.