Sylvania Smart+ WiFi

Thank you!!! I used a rooted Windows Subsystem for Android install to do this without rooting a real phone. I never needed to make a Tuya Cloud account or anything. The light still works with the Sylvania Smart Wifi and Google Home apps. And now I can turn it on and off/change the color with Home Assistant. This was an elegant solution, thank you.

P.S. I used the GitHub - YT-Advanced/MagiskOnWSALocal fork of LSPosed/MagiskOnWSALocal to get the rooted Windows Subsystem for Android install setup due to a build issue discussed here [Bug] version 2306 build failed · Issue #615 · LSPosed/MagiskOnWSALocal · GitHub.

P.P.S I haven’t tried it but patching the apk with something like frida-gadget, sensepost/objection, or badadaf/apkpatcher could be a way to do this without rooting.

Another plus one on this script, works great to add the Sylvania lights. Thanks!!

Second Integration Method Now Available Too

I am a new user, I can’t post multiple links/images per post, so I will try to summarize with fewer links.

New 2023 SmartThings Conduit for Sylvania Smart+ WiFi

I believe this will allow you to use SmartThings - Home Assistant for your Sylvania Smart+ WiFi Bulbs by LEDVANCE.

Instructions for Method 2

Official SmartThings Integration for LEDVANCE/Sylvania Smart+ WiFi Bulbs

There’s now a new method to add Sylvania Smart+ WiFi lightbulbs to SmartThings in certain countries (e.g. South America). It does not work if you’re in North America, unless you change your geographical region or use a development simulator temporarily under another account, to get the LEDVANCE app setup before integrating into SmartThings.

1. If you don’t have SmartThings yet, install it on your main device(s). Make sure you have a SmartThings account created already.

2. Instead of the Sylvania branded app, install the LEDVANCE branded apps (Android Play Store, iOS App Store)

3. If you get this error message “Not Available In Your Country” (North America / United Kingdom)… then install on a phone temporarily switched region to an Eurocurrency country or South America country. I am testing Iceland because it is an English speaking Euro-currency country. If you don’t want to use your primary phone, use a spare phone or a simulator.

4. Launch your LEDVANCE SMART+ WiFi app and create a new account.
    IMPORTANT: This is a different app than Sylvania SMART+ WiFi app!

5. Before you add bulbs into the LEDVANCE-branded SMART WiFi app, remove (full factory reset bulbs) from your Sylvania-branded SMART WiFI app! A hassle, I know. Do only 1 bulb before you proceed to next step – that’s your test lightbulb. IMPORTANT: Start with just 1 lightbulb for now, you can come back to this step later

6. Launch your SmartThings app → Add devices → Partner devices → Add → Scroll Down to section L → LEDVANCE Smart+ WiFi → Connect Service → Bottom of Screen → View linked service → Log into your new LEDVANCE account you created in step 4

7. Finish the on-screen instructions. Now your Sylvania Smart+ WiFi lightbulb is in the SmartThings ecosystem! Verify your test bulb is fully integrated into the SmartThings ecosystem, play with SmartThings and the SmartThings Home Assistant plugin.

8. Repeat step 5 for the rest of your bulbs, to pull all of them all into the SmartThings ecosystem.

After everything is now in SmartThings, you can leave your LEDVANCE app unused (just use HomeAssistant / SmartThings from now on), until you need to add/remove bulbs.

Yes, you’re still cloud connected, but this route works on stock firmware (no hacking, no scripts), for less experienced people on here, and/or who also would like backwards compatibility with other existing cloud ecosystems, like people in your household using the SmartThings apps/integrations in conjunction with HomeAssistant.

It opens the SmartThings ecosystem for your bulbs for other integrations, if this fits your use cases better.

This can also help other SmartThings integrations you may use concurrently with HomeAssistant, such as SmartThings HomeBridge (add HomeKit compatibility for Sylvania Smart+ WiFi bulbs, via “homebridge-smartthings” plugin for HomeBridge)