Sync Home Assistant Dashboard across multiple device

Hey Folks,

I have been playing around with Home Assistant for a few days now. I have been a smartthings user for 4 years, so excuse me if my question sounds basic, I have a few ipads here and there and i want to utilize all of them for home assistant, I want to mount the iPads in different places in the house, My question is if there is anyway to sync the dashboard i have created on one of the iPads to the other ones! like it is very difficult to create the same lovelace layouts on every device from scratch. is there anyway to achieve this?

Thanks

1 Like

just access your dashboard url from any of the iPads, all of them will access the same dashboard you created. Alternatively you can use the app on every iPad.

1 Like

You need to view it differently than you do now. You don’t create a dashboard for a device. You create a dashboard on your server (Home Assistant) which you can acces from any device (iPads, iPhones, desktops, Android smartphones/tablets etc). All you do is create a dashboard which is accessible through any web browser.

And also: welcome! I would advise you to start with the basics and read the official docs from time to time (like how the dashboard works (Lovelace). You will learn a lot by just reading and trying yourself :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, :slight_smile:
I’m using the App however i have different dashboard on each device. please see the below !
I’m also getting a different layout if i login from my computer

IMG_7E2961F1B9A9-1|666x500

IMG_D79BDF41EA1D-1|231x500

1 Like

Click on the hamburger icon (three stripes top left) then scroll all the way down. Click on your profilename → and select the dashboard you want to use on that device as default.

You can also switch between dashboards manually when you open the menu (top left icon). The sidebar opens and you can switch between the dashboards.

2 Likes

it appears that you are not on the same user on each device. select same user as @ASNNetworks informed.

1 Like

You are the Man, Thanks a million :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Thank you very much Joel

1 Like