Synchronize Ring Alarm Keypad v2 with Alarmo

Sorry, I didn’t get a chance to look at this before now. Experimentally, it doesn’t appear that an event is sent for a long-press on the mode buttons.

I have 2 Ring V2 keypads connected to a Aeonlabs Zwavestick. One of the two keypads sometimes gives the red connection symbol when arming or disarming. The arming or disarming works, but the keypad won’t follow. I have to reset it. It’s only 3m away from my Zstick. The other keypad, further away always keeps perfectly in sync. Any ideas?

There appears to probably be a ZWaveJS bug: https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/issues/4879

1 Like

Ok, I’ll hope this gets fixed soon. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. Collisions/racing is indeed a plausible cause for the problem. I’ll try disabling the proximity detection for now to test if that helps.

Disabling proximity detection / motion sensor indeed seems to solve the problem on this 2 day testing. Keeps working perfectly fine now. I wonder if setting the “Proximity Display Timeout” to eg. 15 seconds instead of 5 seconds also helps. I’ll test further.

How do we recover where the keypad rows the red connection icon?

Wait. The keypad and controller resynchronize themselves.

1 Like

I’ll try that. How to disable the motion sensor?

Via the Z-Wave configuration parameter *-112-0-15 Proximity Detection (you’ll find it as Proximity Detection when you select Configure Device in HA’s device view for the keypad).

1 Like

Got it, many thanks!

This blueprint is fantastic!!! I have a question: there’s a way to enter a different code to open a lock? In my HA i have Alarmo working perfectly with the keypad, but i’m not able to add this feature…
The lock is a shelly1. Any suggestion?

Hi,

Great work on this blueprint. Can i just check if this still requires Zwavejs2MQTT for the keypad v2 lights and sounds to work etc as I can enter the code and it arms in Alarmo etc but get nothing ref lights or sounds on the keypad? If it still needs the MQTT integration element no probs, wasn’t sure from a comment earlier as ZwaveJs supports S2 now so the pairing etc doesnt specifically require that.

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Try moving the keypad closer to your controller, and running a reinterview. The interview is much longer than most z wave devices, and some folks have reported errors leading to some command classes not being discovered. Sounds like you didn’t get the indicator command class correctly.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m not sure I understand the question. Can you explain more what you want to do?

Ok will do, seemed to be struggling to get it to pair actually, duplicate entries with just a node ID so cleared those down and will try and re-add etc

Re-Added and all good, honestly this is a really nice bit of work you’ve done here mate, thank you so much for giving to the community.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your work on this.
I only got into HA ~ 6 months ago and Alarmo just the other day.

With your blueprint, I was able to get everything integrated with a Ring Keypad v2 :slight_smile:

Is it possible to connect 2 of the Ring v2 Keypads at a time using your blueprint?
I would love to have 1 on our main floor near the door and 1 in our master bedroom on the 2nd floor.

1 Like

@MattWeiler
Yes, just add the blueprint a 2nd time for the 2nd keypad. Working perfectly fine over here!

1 Like

@sammyke007
Thank you, that’s great news :slight_smile:

I have a problem with one of my Keypads V2 after charging.
I could see the charge level going up, but after 100% it disappeared and I get the red indicator on the pad and it is not responding anymore.

Did anybody experience the same? Solution (without including to z-wave again)?