crw------- 1 root 3, 187 Aug 8 2018 ttyab
crw------- 1 root 3, 188 Aug 8 2018 ttyac
crw------- 1 root 166, 0 Feb 12 21:14 ttyACM0
crw------- 1 root 3, 189 Aug 8 2018 ttyad
crw------- 1 root 3, 190 Aug 8 2018 ttyae

BUT
cannot see it
Serial1

Not sure ho 1far you went but… here youi’d have to select the conbee and the next screen will allow you to enter the path

Not if you have properly setup your config folder outside of the container with the volume option (-v)
This /config is important to setup as it allows you upgrading to new versions.
And in this initial setup , as already on host, not needed

OK
When I chose conbee.
zha1
The following window will come and here I have northing to chose, have made a guess " /dev/ttyACM0" but that was nor correct.
zha2
So I guess that the serial port has not been added to Docker.

Thats all new for me with the config folder outside the container. Mine looks lige this:

I have now made a backup from Home Assistant and a backup from Docker in Synology and exproted the files out of the Docker folder.
bu1
How to restore the backups I have not investigate in yet.

did you doublecheck on /dev/tty* ? Is your hardware still showing the conbee II stick?
sure it is not ttyUSB0?

Try this too, might have no access allowed if docker is not run as root
chmod 777 /dev/ttyAM0

A full restore is setting back the whole config folder, I backed this up to google drive via the Syno intergration with google

In my Synology I can still see the it.

And strange - as you can see earlier in this tread I could see /dev/ttyACM0 but now I can niether see /dev/ttyACM0 or ttyUSB0.

I use PuTTY (64-bit) to make a SHH on my Synology. One I have also been using for my SailfishOS.

Did you reboot? Along the instructions of Mariohosting would require to redo some settings.
EDIT and repeating to have a look here, someone seems to have managed this
Help with install conbee2 on HA docker synology ds220+ - Configuration - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

So… I couldn’t stand that it would not work so… I just installed it on my syno, following steps

1. collected the drivers from this github and used the installation doc.
    robertklep/dsm7-usb-serial-drivers: Synology DSM 7 USB serial drivers (github.com)
  2. I used the geminilake for 7.1 (not sure if you have 7.0)
  3. ran this with sudo
    modprobe usbserial
    modprobe ftdi_sio
    modprobe cdc-acm
    chmod 777 /dev/ttyACM0
  4. stoppped the container and made it ‘priviliged’, restarted

Succes:
ZHA detects it immediately and also…

If you have your ttyACM0 back then likely you only need to start 'priviliged as in 4.

OK

1. I did do the Marius configuration again and that added /dev/ttyACM0.
  2. Made a manuel chmod 777 /dev/ttyACM0, maybe that was necessary but it cannot harm.
  3. Made a restart of HA.
  4. Then I tried to add ZHA but that was not possible.
  5. Then I did what you mention i point 4, put a checkmark in Execute container using high privilege.
  6. Then I tried to add ZHA and now it looks like below :slight_smile:
    zha3

So now my next step will be to con-figurate the ZHA and add my Aqara Temp.

Thanks for you great passion.

Progres… :slight_smile:

If/when happy, do mark my post for solution so others might have a benefit of this too

Hi Again

I have been working with the ConBee2 and Aqara temperature censor for a wile now and it works fine until today when I did an update on my Synology.
I notice that I did not have the port dev/ttyACM0 any longer so I have to run the Task which I did in the Marius guidens.

Here after I did a lot of things but what was needed was to add the ZHA again. That I did here.
upd1

Finely I had to add the Aqara again by clicking the connect button, I think is was that that did the connection. By doing it that way I did not have to set anything up agian on my Dashboards. :slight_smile:

And your post is marrked as a solution.

Updates or restarts should not affect your setup this much imo but I cannot speak of end-2-end experience.
In the link I sent above (the one ‘how I did it’) it installs a script to update the drivers with each reboot, which deviates from Marius’s.
Before you start adding a lot of devices and finding out you need to re-ad/pair them every time… do check that too and play all scenario’s. I have a few devices built into the wall and re-pairing is a pain as you can imagine.

If it is the following:
modprobe usbserial
modprobe ftdi_sio
modprobe cdc-acm
chmod 777 /dev/ttyACM0
I have now made a Task for that in my Synlogy.

Good but… my main advice remains: test it out, reboot, change HA, etc. … nothing ‘beeps’ more than re-pairing x devices for ‘nothing’ … over-and-over again

The reboot I did every time I did “something” better once too much than once too little :slight_smile: