Synology + Docker + Homeassistant + Emulated Hue - Port 80 Issues

My Docker container needs port 80, but synology uses it for redirecting nginx. Is there any negative removing that redicrection?

What kicked this off is this error:

2020-04-17 21:20:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.emulated_hue] Failed to create HTTP server at port 80: [Errno 98] error while attempting to bind on address ('192.168.XXX.XXX', 80): address in use

I have searched around and found some code I could use to remove the nginx redirect, I think… if I can trust the internet with these things :slight_smile: I am not sure what I might lose by removing the nginx redirect… so I am nervous to do it.

On the other hand maybe there is another solution I can use that is less intrusive? Any help would be appreciated!

sed -i -e 's/80/81/' -e 's/443/444/' /usr/syno/share/nginx/server.mustache /usr/syno/share/nginx/DSM.mustache /usr/syno/share/nginx/WWWService.mustache

synoservicecfg --restart nginx

Port 80 is used by webstation if installled. Else 80 should not be in use…?

Did you try to use docker network with port redirect instead of host network? Didn’t go looking in Emulated Hue if it works like that - it should in theory.