Synology DSM - UPS status sensor

@Ukchris79 OK thanks. Will look into it.

@BeardedConti. I did. HA runs inside Docker on the Synology NAS. I believe they have the same address. So I added the IP of the NAS in this case.

Thank you so much. Really great to hear it!!!

Hi HA Users,

My first post here after getting into HA via trying to automate my gate, now exploring the rabbit hole. Apologies if reviving this thread is not correct etiquette but it is very much aligned with my issue.

I have HA installed on a Synology VM which is on a segregated IoT VLAN via the LAN2 port on my DS920+. The synology platform seems like the best place to have it in my network, and the segregation keeps all the possibly dodgy IoT devices away from my secure network.
I have Synology firewall rules that:
1- allow traffic from my HA VMā€™s IP on LAN2 to port 3493.
2- Deny traffic from any source IP on LAN2 to the management side of the Synology.
That bit seems to work fine, I can see all my HA stuff on IoT VLAN from my secure LAN and can see the HA management console but I canā€™t see the Synology console from my IoT network.

Meanwhile I have a Cyberpower VP1200ELCD connected to the DS920+ via USB and would like to have info about the UPS in my HA. I have followed the guide here:
https://www.shasam.net/connecting-home-assistant-network-ups-tools-nut-client-to-synology-ups-server/
I have my HA VMā€™s IP in the ā€˜permitted NAS devicesā€™ list on synology, but when I try to add the NUT integration and input the NAS secure LAN IP along with user monuser and pwd secret, I get ā€œFailed to Connectā€ after some seconds.

Any thoughts on what Iā€™m doing wrong?

EDIT: Even with all firewall rules disabled, I still canā€™t connect. So maybe itā€™s just not possible? Seems weird. I donā€™t want my HA and hence all my IoT gear on my main network so I donā€™t think thatā€™s an option.

TIA
Steve