Synology Photos from Shared Albums

I am using the current DSM integration and working well. My photos are all shared though so I cannot see them using the media browser.
I am currently using a CIF share to see them but that doesn’t allow me to see albums when I have my photos tagged.

Synology integration doesn’t pull any media info - it’s only system information. You could try and map your drives and use this - but what would you do with photos in HA?

Photos integration was added i think back last year maybe beginning of this year. You can see photos from your personal photo stream and albums if you have any - you do have to also link to your synology as your user and not a service account.
By having access to the the Shared Photos then the service account could have read access to selected albums are well.
With the photos in HA I use Wallpanel to go to screen saver mode on my tablet dashboards and also used DashCast to cast to my Google Nest hubs - so now i have a custom dashboard on my Nest hub and my own photos being displayed.
I am doing this as a media share now - the other option is to find out how to access the shared photo URL for the album i want and maybe get that to work in Wallpanel.
BTW I love you channel :slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently in homeassistant I only see the pictures I have in my account’s personal space and not any album’s the account has been invited to. Also, I cannot access the shared space (even though in Synology Photos I see pictures there). Is this also what you see or do you see more?

Same - I don’t see anything i ma invited too. Basically all the photos are in the shared space so i dont see anything as a result. It would be fantastic if i could see shared as thats where everything is for the extended family purposes. Would love if i could get to work

I guess it is stuck in the implementation:

But now its locked and looks like going to be closed