SynologyDSM Sensor Configuration Issue

I have installed Hassbian Home Assistant 0.93.0 on a RPI 3B+ and I am trying to get the SynologyDSM Sensor to work with my DS918+ but I am getting a warning during configuration validation:

2019-05-18 09:11:29 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.config_validation] Your configuration contains extra keys that the platform does not support.
Please remove [name], [monitored conditions].
Offending data: {"platform": "synologydsm", "ssl": "<redacted>", "host": "<redacted>", "port": "<redacted>", "name": "Synology_DS918+", "username": "<redacted>", "password": "<redacted>", "monitored conditions": ["cpu_total_load", "memory_real_usage", "network_up", "volume_status", "volume_percentage_used", "volume_disk_temp", "disk_name", "disk_status"]}

Here is the entry in my configuration.yaml file:

- platform: synologydsm
    ssl: False
    host: !secret sensor_synology_host
    port: 5000
    name: Synology_DS918+
    username: !secret sensor_synology_username
    password: !secret sensor_synology_password
    monitored conditions:
      - cpu_total_load
      - memory_real_usage
      - network_up
      - volume_status
      - volume_percentage_used
      - volume_disk_temp
      - disk_name
      - disk_status

If I restart Home Assistant I get the following error:

2019-05-18 09:23:20 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/synologydsm/sensor.py", line 103, in run_setup
    for variable in monitored_conditions
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

Is this an indentation or formatting problem in the configuration.yaml file or something else?

Thanks,
Patrick

instead of

monitored conditions:

try

monitored_conditions:

instead

thanks that fixed the configuration validation warning and I then commented out name which results in no configuration validation warnings but I am gettting this error now:

2019-05-18 19:06:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Future exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/synologydsm/sensor.py", line 107, in run_setup
    for volume in config.get(CONF_VOLUMES, api.storage.volumes):
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

I tried commenting all the volume conditions with no change.

I just looked the Log Center for my Synology NAS and I see 4 login attempts via DSM after I restart Home Assistant. The first login is successful, the second is not, the third is successful, the fourth is not. All the logins occur with the same time stamp.

Can someone who has the SynologyDSM Sensor working share their Synology connection log entries during Home Assistant startup?

Solved. Port = 5000 and the user has to be an admin on the Synology.

I didn’t use the admin account for the sensor, I created a seperate user for HA

See the docs under:

Separate User Configuration

If you’re happy giving the admin account however and it works then keep it as is. :slight_smile:

Hej,

I have issue when I want to add SynologyDSM to my HA instance.
After adding Synology to configuration file during validation I got following error:

Platform error remote.synologydsm - No module named ‘homeassistant.components.synologydsm.remote’

Any idea what could be cause of this?

Thanks in advance
Michał