System Monitoring - How does yours look?

SNMP is pretty handy for those with routers that support it.

How are you getting the Ping values? I guess it’s a command line sensor that pings google or something like that?

Awesome, might have to do the same. Is there any instructions around on best way to set this up? I have a TP-Link router but haven’t dabbled in SNMP before :slight_smile:

I just used the examples from the guide here - https://www.home-assistant.io/components/snmp/
Just need to make sure your router supports it :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’ll give it a go, this looks handy also:

Yeah my ping comes from speedtest.net sensor for my upload/download/ping speeds.

The binary sensors at the top are the Ping (IMCP) component

It is the Nabu Casa status I think the config line is a binary sensor that reads: binary_sensor.remote_ui but not 100% only had a chance to check really quick

Hey guys,

I’m using this on an Intel NUC:

#====================
  #=== CPU Temperature
  #====================
  - platform: command_line
    name: CPU Temp
    command: "cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/temp"
    unit_of_measurement: "°C"
    value_template: '{{ value | multiply(0.001) | round(1) }}'

The Zone1, what exactly is that - and why does the sensor only update when rebooting?

This will give you more information on the type of sensor. Run it from the terminal.

cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone1/type

Thanks Tom!

I tried it and it returns just “acpitz” ?
That is operhaps the sum of all the coretemps.

Also, any idea why the sensor only updates on reboot?

No idea sorry. Have you looked at the other zones?

No worries :slight_smile:.

Tried changing the zone:

core-ssh:~# cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/type
acpitz
core-ssh:~# cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone2/type
x86_pkg_temp
core-ssh:~# cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone3/type
iwlwifi ´

So zone 0 gives me the same output as zone 1.
I remember this also was uses for the rpi3 and initially I was getting minus degress, and I think that was when using the zone0.

Do the other zones change - other than at start up?

zone 2 should be a good indication.

Yes - why not do what’s logical, try one of the other ones.
So I used the x86_pkg_temp, which seems to be the CPU Package Temp with all cores (or maybe I misunderstood what I just read), but that ones seems to change way more often, so that could easily be the right one.

Thanks for helping me out!

1 Like

I’m done tarting this up (for now):

Thanks to all for the inspiration. (compare to original: System Monitoring - How does your look?)

14 Likes

Amazing!
Would you mind share your config?

It’s rather large so I pastebinned it: https://pastebin.com/4pGbq1cs

The extra style options are curtsey of this card:

Background image: https://mocah.org/4594867-dark-simple-background-texture-gradient-blue-background.html

Theme (I am going to apply a background image in the theme so I can change it to a lighter one during the day):

night:
  # Main colors #5294E2 #363941
  primary-color: '#39679e'                                                        # Header
  accent-color: '#E45E65'                                                         # Accent color
  dark-primary-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                       # Hyperlinks
  light-primary-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                      # Horizontal line in about

# Text colors
  primary-text-color: '#FFFFFF'                                                   # Primary text colour, here is referencing dark-primary-color
  text-primary-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'                                 # Primary text colour
  secondary-text-color: '#5294E2'                                                 # For secondary titles in more info boxes etc.
  disabled-text-color: '#7F848E'                                                  # Disabled text colour
  label-badge-border-color: 'green'                                               # Label badge border, just a reference value

# Background colors
  primary-background-color: '#383C45'                                             # Settings background
  secondary-background-color: '#656e82'                                           # Main card UI background
  divider-color: 'rgba(0, 0, 0, .12)'                                             # Divider

# Table rows
  table-row-background-color: '#353840'                                           # Table row
  table-row-alternative-background-color: '#3E424B'                               # Table row alternative

# Nav Menu
  paper-listbox-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                      # Navigation menu selection hoover
  paper-listbox-background-color: '#2E333A'                                       # Navigation menu background
  paper-grey-50: 'var(--primary-text-color)'
  paper-grey-200: '#414A59'                                                       # Navigation menu selection

# Paper card
  paper-card-header-color: 'var(--accent-color)'                                  # Card header text colour
  paper-card-background-color: "rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)" #'#434954'                                          # Card background colour
  paper-dialog-background-color: '#434954'                                        # Card dialog background colour
  paper-item-icon-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'                              # Icon color
  paper-item-icon-active-color: '#F9C536'                                         # Icon color active
  paper-item-icon_-_color: 'green'
  paper-item-selected_-_background-color: '#434954'                               # Popup item select
  paper-tabs-selection-bar-color: 'green'
  ha-card-border-radius: 20px

# Labels
  label-badge-red: 'var(--accent-color)'                                          # References the brand colour label badge border
  label-badge-text-color: 'var(--primary-text-color)'                             # Now same as label badge border but that's a matter of taste
  label-badge-background-color: '#2E333A'                                         # Same, but can also be set to transparent here

# Switches
  paper-toggle-button-checked-button-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-toggle-button-checked-bar-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-toggle-button-checked-ink-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-toggle-button-unchecked-button-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'
  paper-toggle-button-unchecked-bar-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'
  paper-toggle-button-unchecked-ink-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'

# Sliders
  paper-slider-knob-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-slider-knob-start-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-slider-pin-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-slider-active-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  paper-slider-container-color: 'linear-gradient(var(--primary-background-color), var(--secondary-background-color)) no-repeat'
  paper-slider-secondary-color: 'var(--secondary-background-color)'
  paper-slider-disabled-active-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'
  paper-slider-disabled-secondary-color: 'var(--disabled-text-color)'

# Google colors
  google-red-500: '#E45E65'
  google-green-500: '#39E949'

sidebar-selected-icon-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
  sidebar-selected-text-color: 'var(--accent-color)'
1 Like

Thank you as well… this looks so awesome! Will take a look at your pastebin!

I think I’m done for the moment :). Thanks to all the inspiration!

10 Likes

Smooth dude! Link to your ui conf?