System Monitoring - How does yours look?

This counter code basically checks to see what is on your “States” page that is prefixed with certain words like zwave So unless those entities begin with zigbee.<entity_id> this wouldn’t work for those.

got an example of the zigbee device? Take a screenshot of a zigbee device in your states page please.

my zigbee devices don’t have a naming scheme it’s all over the place with different names.
whats your example?

No, I mean take a screenshot of a device in the states page with all the attributes listed

EDIT: If you do, we may be able to come up with a counter.

here you go some devices in my states page, there all hooked up with deconz!

Same for me

This should work if it comes from deconz assuming that all deconz items have the attribute ‘is_deconz_group’.

{{ states | selectattr('attributes.is_deconz_group', 'in', [true, false]) | list | length }}
2 Likes

thanks @petro, If you simply take the point of entity_id: sensor.time, could not you save the automation to update the sensors?

Nice found @petro
but that doesn’t count any switches or sensors.
it only count zigbee lights.

Do not zigbee devices have the zha prefix or something similar near the end of the list?

That’s what I was wondering. I was hoping dconz was group was on all devices. I don’t have any of these devices, but there should be some sort of identifier that they came from zigbee. Otherwise I would expect a PR for the plaform.

Zwave always has some identifier in the zwave domain as well as the devices that are created. I would expect all platforms to do this. :man_shrugging:

None of my ZigBee devices in deconz have any reference to ZigBee or ZHA. I have lights, sensors and switches.

Well, this is my ‘server’ monitoring dashboard. One NUC running Home Assistant :smile:

Not much compared to what others monitor, but you have to start somewhere of course!

2 Likes

Looking good! May i ask you how do you monitor your Unifi controller like this?

Looks good!
Can you share your config?

How do you centralize it like that?

Thanks. It is a lot of work, but fun to do!

I’m just starting to put things in Github. I’m using themes with decluttering templates and finally the cards itself. This way I can theme almost my complete setup.

My repo is here:

The green/yellow design is not yet in Github at all, still a WIP :smile:, but also based on the Nyx base theme, so you get an idea of how it can look like.

I’m using a vertical stack card, and in that card horizontal-stack cards for each row.

In the below picture below I’v added an extra horizontal stack with the load 1m/5m and CPU cards.

card:
    type: vertical-stack
    cards:
      - type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
          - type: custom:decluttering-card
            template: mini_graph_card_template

A black/red/pink/purple variant (also WIP):

1 Like

@AmoebeLabs are you running Hassio in a VM or native on the NUC?

I’m running Ubuntu 18.04 with docker. So no hassio or native install.
All is managed with Portainer.

Thanks for the insight!

My unifi controller is a virtual machine on a proxmox host. Inside the vm, there is a python script running each minute sending the relevant information to a mqtt topic.