System not working anymore since update to 6.4

Hi,

I did an update of the core to 6.0 and the HA to 6.4 from the recent version (HA Blue).

Since then, I got a dozen of error messages (see below). The worst that HA cannot connect to the KNX system anymore. This leads also to error messages that the config is not valid. So, I cannot restart the system anymore…(loop). Also shows that Apple iCloud integrations does not work, but does not accept the validation code…, etc.

Is there a way to undo this software / core update?

Many thanks!
Roland

Some error messages:

[281472866618768] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [knx]: [create_sensors] is an invalid option for [knx]. Check: knx->knx->weather->0->create_sensors. (See ?, line ?).

7:17:25 AM – (ERROR) Home Assistant WebSocket API

The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Invalid config for [knx]: [create_sensors] is an invalid option for [knx]. Check: knx->knx->weather->0->create_sensors. (See ?, line ?).

7:17:25 AM – (ERROR) Home Assistant Supervisor

The ‘create_sensors’ option near /config/Packages/roland_knx.yaml:348 is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration

7:17:25 AM – (WARNING) knx - message first occurred at 7:10:27 AM and shows up 3 times

Authentication required for Account. (421)

7:16:13 AM – (ERROR) /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pyicloud/base.py - message first occurred at 7:10:33 AM and shows up 8 times

Failed to verify verification code: (401)

7:16:12 AM – (ERROR) Apple iCloud - message first occurred at 7:14:56 AM and shows up 3 times

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

7:10:44 AM – (ERROR) components/homekit/init.py

Your password for ‘[email protected]’ is no longer working; Go to the Integrations menu and click on Configure on the discovered Apple iCloud card to login again

7:10:35 AM – (ERROR) Apple iCloud

Config entry ‘Living Room’ for denonavr integration not ready yet: NetworkError: Server disconnected while attempting read; Retrying in background

7:10:35 AM – (WARNING) config_entries.py

192.168.0.46 is not logged in to a HEOS account and will be unable to retrieve HEOS favorites: Use the ‘heos.sign_in’ service to sign-in to a HEOS account

7:10:35 AM – (WARNING) Denon HEOS

Setup failed for knx: Invalid config.

7:10:27 AM – (ERROR) setup.py

Invalid config for [knx]: [create_sensors] is an invalid option for [knx]. Check: knx->knx->weather->0->create_sensors. (See ?, line ?). Please check the docs at KNX - Home Assistant

7:10:27 AM – (ERROR) config.py

Ended unfinished session (id=124 from 2021-06-13 12:00:02.958962)

7:10:23 AM – (WARNING) Recorder

The system could not validate that the sqlite3 database at //config/home-assistant_v2.db was shutdown cleanly

7:10:23 AM – (WARNING) Recorder

Find out which core version you were using before and have a look at the breaking changes since then.
You should be using 2021.6 now.

For knx it is just like the error message tells you: create_sensors at knx weather entities configuration is deprecated.

Hello @roland23 ,
First, I advise you to make a complete snapshot before doing big changes like an update. Don’t forget to also download and store it somewhere safe. In case of issue, it will allow you to build a fresh install just by restoring your data.
Coming back to your issue, I have with the latest 2021.6.4 too many error messages so I came back to the 2021.6.3 version (restore snapshot). Unfortunately I did not see any reason for that. I will wait the next release in order to see if it still the case.
Thanks.

I have a similar question. Since the update my weather config is “not working”. I deleted the create_sensores statement, but now I cant use the sensors like temp etc. How to fix it? There is no example in the documentation of KNX weather.

Start here: KNX Cookbook - #240 by roninfr
TLDR: configure a sensor.

2 Likes

Thx. So I have to create templates for the sensors. What is the benefit of a template, beacuse it seems to be more work as just add a new sensor.

It doesn’t really matter. create_sensor did just that: creating sensors.
The template can have a value_template if you needed it.

1 Like

First of all, many thanks for all your answers.

I did a snapshot restore back to 5.5 which recovered my solution (with KNX).

Honestly, I am surprised that such a simple system has similar issues like the updates of much more complex systems like PC with Windows or iOS.

However, do you have any experience how much software and core HA version updates you should stay behind to keep a robust system?

Many thanks!
Roland

@roland23,
Just to inform you that I recently jump from 2021.6.3 to 2021.6.6 without any troubles. I think something was wrong on the 2021.6.4.
I advise you be sure that your OS is up to date before any HA updates. For example on my “Raspberry Pi OS” I’m doing each time the below commands through putty :

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade -y

Don’t forget to clean your web browser CACHE after the HA update in order to be sure you got the last front-end.

Many thanks Neuvidor!

Honestly, after that experience with 6.4 I am not sure whether I should touch again anything on my HA… , but I see your point.

Best, Roland

Same issues with 6.6: KNX integration not working. Is there a way to inform the developers that they missed something?
Best, Roland

Sure. Just here or even better: Create an issue at GitHub Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

• Have a look at Troubleshooting
  • Be sure to add AS MUCH information as possible - configuration, logs,
    (ETS Bus-logs, even Wireshark dumps if you experience connection problems).
  • please remember to wrap configs and logs in code tags (triple backticks ``` in an extra Line before and after) for better readability

Edit: Have you removed create_sensors from your knx weather config?

@roland23,
I remember that during a previous update (don’t remember the exact version), I add some issue regarding a custom component Cover RF Time Based from nagyrobi. My covers were not working after HA update. I was thinking about an issue into HA but finally it was because I had not well declare each covers into my configuration.yaml file even if it was working before. Conclusion was that the HA update was just more robust and force me to well declare each covers.

Check if you don’t have the same issue.

Many thanks Neuvidor - as fair as I see this is not the issue. It does not run even with one shutter only.

Besten Dank Matthias

I did remove create sensors , but restored it , because this part works with 5.5 and I would like to see those data from my weather station.

Well if you want knx to work with 2021.6 you will have to define the sensors in the config and remove it again. It will work exactly like before. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry Matthias, I did not get your point. This is my weather station part in the File editor:

So, what should I do now?

remove create_sensors and add sensors for the items you want. Eg.

sensor:
  - name: "Brightness"
    state_address: "1/0/7"
    type: "illuminance" # or just "9.004"

Then, in the UI, set the entity_id of this new sensor to the one previously generated by create_sensor. Done - all your history is preserved, automations now use the new sensor and you’re good to update.

PS: and please copy&paste instead of screenshot text - this isn’t twitter :wink:

1 Like

Sorry for my late response Matthias, but my KNX has a servere bug (“already a device in programming mode” which is not correct) which keeps me from solving the HA issue.

However, after a first entry in the file editor with

sensor:
- name: “Brightness Weather Station”
state_address: “1/0/7”
type: illuminance
- name: “Temperature Weather Station”
state_address: “1/0/8”
type: temperature
- name: “Wind Speed Weather Station”
state_address: “1/0/5”
- name: “Rain Alarm Weather Station”
state_address: "1/0/4

I got this:

Invalid config for [sensor]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Invalid config for [sensor]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Invalid config for [sensor]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?). Invalid config for [sensor]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See ?, line ?).

Did you place that under the “knx:” tag like shown in the documentation?

Please provide your config entries as code (between triple ticks), so we can see your indentation.