Systemair SAVECare Ventilation unit

Hi thanks for your help, just I am a bit lost, not sure where did you get those json files, I am afraid that maybe you have a different modbus-ethernet interface right? as I said I have like newer model from the one used here: https://www-hjemmeautomasjon-no.translate.goog/forside/guider/homeseer/mini-guide-hvordan-bruke-modbus-med-homeseer-r49/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

but not sure why it’s communicating properly, like it seems that it is receiving some messages but no transmitting anything… it is just weird… I also checked the firewall just in case but it seems to be ok… and I would see anyways some packages transmitted from the interface…

I tried with the debugging but there is not much there…

2022-10-12 10:34:42.999 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to Modbus server established. Socket ('10.0.0.3', 47805)
2022-10-12 10:34:53.609 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to Modbus server established. Socket ('10.0.0.3', 48215)
2022-10-12 10:35:04.823 DEBUG (SyncWorker_1) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to Modbus server established. Socket ('10.0.0.3', 59619)
2022-10-12 10:35:14.830 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.modbus.modbus] Pymodbus: VTR300: Modbus Error: [Input/Output] Modbus Error: [Invalid Message] No response received, expected at least 8 bytes (0 received)
2022-10-12 10:35:15.586 DEBUG (SyncWorker_6) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to Modbus server established. Socket ('10.0.0.3', 55019)
2022-10-12 10:35:15.587 DEBUG (SyncWorker_6) [pymodbus.client.sync] New Transaction state 'SENDING'
2022-10-12 10:35:52.724 DEBUG (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.components.modbus.modbus] Pymodbus: VTR300: Modbus Error: [Input/Output] No Response received from the remote unit/Unable to decode response
2022-10-12 10:35:53.478 DEBUG (SyncWorker_3) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to Modbus server established. Socket ('10.0.0.3', 38081)
2022-10-12 10:35:53.479 DEBUG (SyncWorker_3) [pymodbus.client.sync] New Transaction state 'SENDING'
2022-10-12 10:36:30.615 DEBUG (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.components.modbus.modbus] Pymodbus: VTR300: Modbus Error: [Input/Output] No Response received from the remote unit/Unable to decode response
2022-10-12 10:36:31.368 DEBUG (SyncWorker_7) [pymodbus.client.sync] Connection to Modbus server established. Socket ('10.0.0.3', 57071)

Also I realised that maybe some option has to be activate in the VSR300… so on Monday it seems that I will have access to the other remove and I will be able to set it up… I will try and post the results here :slight_smile:

EDIT: As I was expecting was the configuration of the VSR300 so finally I am getting finally data from it, still I will need to have a look to the modbus guide, but it looks much better now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know this is completely offtopic but can someone explain in plain words

1. What is the humidity transfer? I notice that at this point the rotary unit slows down to…
  2. Following the first Actual season for Demand Control 0: Summer 1: Winter (register 1039)

Hi! I have the same problem as you describe with the same RS485 to Ethernet device from USR IOT. I have the VSR500, but I guess it might be the same config as yours. Can you please explain what configuration you need to set on the VSR to get data from it? Best regards from Oystein.

Hi, so actually it was quite simple, I have just needed to match the config from the VSR to the RS485 to Ethernet device so:

And that was it…

1 Like

Well about the humidity transfer I realized it is happening whenever in the room where the machine is, there is higher humidity than the one set in Set Point in the section Moisture transfer control, so I guess it’s just trying to compensate the humidity somehow…

For the second question I have no idea, I am also trying to understand how this works :slight_smile:

Ah, nice. I only have a «light display» type where it is only possible to change the power. And in my region they can’t deliver the save touch panel. Thanks anyhow for the answer!

Ohh I feel you, I waited 1.5 months for it! but in the meantime maybe you can ask the installers to activate this option for you, and you won’t need at all the other remote controller :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why not just match the USR IOT settings.

Have the same except for baudrate. But as i remember it was trial and error.

modbus:
type: serial
method: rtu
port: /dev/ttymodbus
baudrate: 9600
stopbits: 1
bytesize: 8
parity: N

oh in my case were completely different, the baudrate was nearly the minimum and a few other things… I really needed to change it …

Any ideas what is the difference between modbus registers?

12103 -400 800 Supply Air Temperature sensor (standard)
and
12108 -400 800 Over Heat Temperature sensor (Electrical
Heater)

Which one is the temp of the supplied air temp?

Did anybody find a way to get modbus to work with usb from factory settings? With only having the “Light screen” ?

I got some info from systemair today.
Modbus should be active from factory, with this settings:

Hi,
I’m trying to communicate with the VSR 300 by modbus/RTU, but with your configuration i am not getting the response.
Slave address 0 is reserved to broadcast (only write without response).
Are you getting a response with this setting?

I had to try different USB adresses.

This is what I use now
modbus:

• name: hub1
    type: serial
    method: rtu
    port: /dev/ttyUSB1
    baudrate: 1200
    stopbits: 1
    bytesize: 8
    parity: N
    sensors:

I have also used USB0 (dont know why it changed to 1)

My guess is that the overheat sensor is ON or very near the heater element.
So if the heater is on, then this temp will be higher then the supplied air.
If its off, it should be the same temp.

Can anyone give me the examples for config of vsr300/500 i cant for the life of me figure out
Should everything be in configuration.yaml or splitted up in sensor.yaml switches.yaml etc.

I try to use this instead of node red i always get a error in my config, has the configyration.yaml changed the last year on how it should be set up?

@Ontrackx
If i understand you correct you are using the modbus integration in Home assistant and not Node red.
I haven’t used the modbus integration in HA after switching to Node red (2021), so i don’t have any sensor examples in yaml for you, but i see others have some examples in earlier posts. If you follow the examples in the HA modbus section, it should be quite straight forward. There have been a few breaking changes regarding the modus intergration in HA, if you haven’t adapted the config accordingly, maybe that’s the cause in your case?

You must not split up your config, my opinion is that splitting up the config gives better structure if you have lots of sensors, switches etc.
There is lots of threads in the forum of how to split up the config if uncertain of the approach.

Not much of help but hopefully some.