Tablet Wall Mount Built (magetic & wireless charging)

Yes it’s a bit overkill but at least it works perfectly now :slight_smile: The tablet is used for my magic Morror in my toilett :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Nice one. Why did you move from a angular design to this “fancy” design? How thick is the 3D-Print material covering the coil/charger?
And are you screwing the charger with just the two screws to the wall or through the magnets as well? (why do you have the two separate holes with screws left to the coil)?

Thanks

I also built a magnetic tablet mount a few days ago :slight_smile:
I created a thingiverse project for the stl file, so that everybody can print their own: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4661752

Pictures:

3 Likes

@fair_dinkum Overall 9mm but the covering area 1mm. Charging works well. I screwed the plate only with the two screws to the wall, it’s Rock solid. These are the two separate holes. The four for the magnets are not through the entire plate, because they are for 4 4mm insert nuts. I switched to the fancy design to save filament. The entire print needs 110g including support material (printed with front up for a nicer surface finish)

Is it feasible to have the charger pad area thinner than 1mm you think or is it getting too wobbly?

1mm is fairly stable in ABS. You could try .6 I think. As the charging pad at .6 would shine through, you might want to paint the front then

It took me ages to reply the result, but here it is.

It holds and charges a Fire HD 8 Plus tablet with no cables. The Fire HD 8 Plus has an integrated wireless charger / Qi charger, no additional coil needed! Of course, the wall mount could be painted too, but for me this is just fine. I have an AC walloutlet behind this wall mount, thats where the charger is stored.
Note, on the top right, its not a magnet, its a washer - the Fire HD 8 Plus tablet has a magnetic sensor sitting at that position (assuming for a cover that one could buy), so I was in need to replace the magnet with a washer to not turn off the display permanently, lol. Nevertheless, the tablet sits rock solid on the wall mount. You could paint it as well if required - my tablet is sitting on the wall mount most of the time, so I did not paint it.
The STL for 3D printing can be found here (Github). It fits the below Anker Wireless Charging Pad. (Note, I ordered the 3D print and optimised the STL thereafter, so I could not test it finally but it should be OK - else, a cutter is your friend to remove some plastic material from the Charging Pad).
For safety reasons, I went for a quality charger and charing pad, no cheap stuff from Aliexpress. Your apartment/house is worth the additional $$!

Here’s the shopping list (the tablet gets discounted now and then by about 30%, so watch out):
The transparent case holds the metal plates on the back of the tablet.

Cheers

6 Likes

This is EXACTLY what I need! I’m building a setup for a disabled friend. She’ll easily be able to move the tablet from mount to mount (bed, wheelchair and car).

Thank you for sharing this!

2 Likes

Loving this. Would magsafe rings be strong enough for the HD 8 plus? That way you get portrait + landscape mode. (now all I need is a nfc reader modded in, or in the wall, and I can have multiple tablets, all loading the correct dashboard at each location).

1 Like

Hi all! I am new in this forum, and hope I am writing in the right place.
I have created a universal tablet mount with integrated charging (Supports fast charging) that requires a tiny magnetic dongle. I see that several of you in this forum are experimenting with similar solutions so I thought I would share my idea.
Me and my friends love it, but the kickstarter is going slow. Am I approaching a bad idea, or am I just reaching out to the wrong audience?
I am not trying to sell anything on here, but I would like relevant techy people to share their thoughts about whether or not this is a product people would like.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kaljukesper/padholder-2000-the-only-tablet-wall-mount-you-need?ref=user_menu&fbclid=IwAR2kqOBAukTBap8FVzvmzysXm1dQ8kFXwqzLjdbPJabq5xJfPdcRwNwkXJ8