Tado: Automation to set Open Window sensor using Door Sensor

Hi guys,

I have the Tado system in my home and both our offices have the Tado radiator thermostats in them. If you have the windows open there is a sensor on the thermostat that detects this and closes the valve until it the window is closed, I presume it detects a breeze or something.

Anyway, I’m wondering if there is any way to trigger this via an automation where if the office door is open and the heating is on in that particular room then it could set this open window sensor to on? I’m using the Aqara door sensors but I’m struggling to see any way to update this Tado sensor…

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Mac

I have the Tado system and found their open window detection unreliable. I turned it off and replaced it with this blueprint which has been working brilliantly and is more customisable.

I also wrote my own automation based on presence detection that enables/disables home/away mode meaning I could stop paying the monthly Tado fee entirely.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I will take a look :+1:

I must have an older version or it’s just different here in Ireland as I don’t have to pay any fee for the geo detection with my Tado setup…

Tado call it “Auto-Assist”. It was free when I purchased my starter kit, but they put it behind a paywall shortly afterwards.

I think from memory that they kept it free for early adopters.

You can still have geo-fencing without it, but you have to respond to push notifications rather than it do it automatically.

1 Like

I must be an early adopter so, it just says it’s included in my starter kit…

If it wasn’t free then I’d 100% be trying something else!

@WhimsySpoon I meant to reply sooner to thank you for your blueprint, it’s pretty much exactly what I’m after and works great :sunglasses:

One thing I’ve noticed though, when my Tado schedule changes, from off overnight to on the next morning, the heating still starts in both our office rooms even though the doors are open…

I guess that there is no event for the door opening to trigger the automation to pause the heating :thinking:

But, it’s no big deal and your blueprint is working great for what I wanted, thanks so much :sunglasses:

Glad it’s working out for you. Full credit goes to user SmartLiving.Rocks who created and continues to perfect the blueprint.

You should be able to address your issue in the Configure options of the Tado integration:

The “MANUAL” option is probably what you’re looking for.

1 Like