Tado can't set temperature since update

Hi, I have a Tado thermostat which has been working great with HA for over a year. Now since the last update to 2021.2.3 my Tado is working only partly with Home Assistant.

What works:

• turning hot water on/off
  • syncing state (changing temp on Tado shows in HA)
  • turning thermostat off from HA (reflects on thermostat)

What does not work:

• Setting the temp via HA. When I do this, it doesn’t update on Tado side and jumps back in HA after some seconds to the original temp.

That would make sense because it syncs the actual state, so it looks like HA doesn’t send the temp to Tado correctly. As all other features seem to work.

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

[quote=“repjas Prepaid Gift Balance”]
Hi, I have a Tado thermostat which has been working great with HA for over a year. Now since the last update to 2021.2.3 my Tado is working only partly with Home Assistant.

What works:

• turning hot water on/off
  • syncing state (changing temp on Tado shows in HA)
  • turning thermostat off from HA (reflects on thermostat)

What does not work:

• Setting the temp via HA. When I do this, it doesn’t update on Tado side and jumps back in HA after some seconds to the original temp.

That would make sense because it syncs the actual state, so it looks like HA doesn’t send the temp to Tado correctly. As all other features seem to work.

Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
[/quote]

For every tado° room, the measured temperature is shown in the Room Screen in the app. This measurement is made by the tado° device that is set as the Measuring Device in that room. For rooms with more than one tado° device installed, you can choose which of them should measure the temperature.

Thanks for your response. I don’t think this is the answer to my problem. I am referring to one entity (the only thermostat in my house) that doesn’t take temperature changes from HA. The other way around does sync well.

I received the answer on Github. Apparantly it was already posted there. See here

If you have only 1 timeblock in Tado schedule you have to disable fallback option in the integration.

1 Like