Tado - climate - set temperature until - overlay

In app.tado.com website, I can override the schedule with a temperature. It will return to the schedule according to preference set in app.tado.com/en/main/settings/rooms-and-devices/room > Manual Control on tado⁠° device (until next automatic change, timer, until ended by the user). Note that this setting is customizable per room.

On the same website, I can override this option for one time.

Currently, this is what is possible to do with tado integration:

fallback settings until next automatic change timer until ended by user
tado website per room v v v
home assistant global x v x

We can set a temperature with a timer using the tado.set_climate_timer. an use the fallback mode to switch between until the next automatic change and until ended by the user.

It would be nice to be able to

• set the fallback settings per room instead of globally
  • set a temperature / turn off until the next automatic change (for once or as a room setting)
  • set a temperature / turn off with a timer (as a room setting)
  • set a temperature / turn off until ended by the user (i.e., forever) (for once or as a room setting)
  • query the current state of the room (find out if the room schedule is overridden, and for how long).

My use case for the last point is the following: at home, tado android app is used for everything. But I have automation that turns off the tado valve when a window is open, and turn them back online when the windows are closed. Ideally, the state of the room should be restored identically as it was before the window was open.
For example, the room is scheduled to be at 19 degrees during the day and 13 during the night. I was cold so I manually (using the tado app) set the temperature to 21 for two hours. If I open and close the window, I would like the room to resume its two-hour timer at 21 and then go back to 19 degrees (scheduled temperature).

I saw this topic just now but I have to sya that I support the request of “noneangel” fully. Can anyone from the HA community give a feedback on that?
thanks

Maybe not exactly what you asked. But you can write your own automations to support manual heating override in each room with fallback setting in tado to set “until ended by user”

I have done it in my room yaml automation:

(you can improve the automation further to have another input_number to customize each room manual override timeout)

I also used python template to generate automations for each room so I don’t need to write multiple of them

This is precisely what I was looking for! I’ve been playing around with the better thermostat integration for a while to no avail (so far). I’m trying to set up a UI thermostat able to change the temperature in all the rooms at once. So far I’m using a HA script with a certain temperature value hardcoded in the script.