Tado stopped working after latest HA Core update

Hello,

After the HA Core update a few days ago (I updated mine yesterday) my Tado integration with HA stopped working properly. I can see in the changing nodes of the update that there has been some changes made to Tado integration…

Tado is still connected with HA. I can read temperatures and such. I can even switch off the thermostat but one thing I can’t do anymore is changing the temperature. No matter what I do HA does not pass through the set temperature to Tado.

Are there more people with the same issue or is it just me?

Thanks!

Darryl

2 Likes

Mine is working. Have you checked that the tado integration has the correct account details. In the ui, yaml is no longer used for this

Yes that is fine, it was working for years before the update. I’ve also tried to delete the integration and reinstall again through UI (I don’t use the yaml config for tado). In addition I’ve restarted HA and even the host machine but no luck…

OK, so I’ve found the ‘problem’. Under Integrations, when you press Options at the Tado integration, a window will pop-up saying:

Adjust Tado options.
Fallback mode will switch to Smart Schedule at next schedule switch after manually adjusting a zone.

Enable fallback mode.

This was enabled… When disabled, Tado is working normally again. I don’t know if it was enabled before but for sure it was working before, so very strange :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hi Guys,

My Tado integration stopped working after the update and I cant seem to get it running again. Reinstalled under integration but still no luck. It won’t load entities. Also the reload button isn’t availble. Any suggestions? Ran flawlessy for over a year…

Should be fixed now with update 2021.2.2

1 Like

It still won’t work.:unamused: Even with 2021.2.3. Followed the docs. Tried everything… Back on 2021.1.5 the integration is working normally.

Also I’m seeing that a lot of sensors are replaced by binary senors. Can I delete the old sensors?

Hi,

Still having problems with Tado integration. 2021.1.5 all running fine. When I upgrade to core 2021.3.0 my integration wont load any components.

Here’s my log output:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/tado/__init__.py:182
First occurred: 3 maart 2021 23:58:10 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3 maart 2021 23:58:10

Error setting up entry Casa de Fredriksz for tado
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 445, in _make_request
    six.raise_from(e, None)
  File "<string>", line 3, in raise_from
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 440, in _make_request
    httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 1347, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 307, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/http/client.py", line 268, in _read_status
    line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), "iso-8859-1")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/socket.py", line 669, in readinto
    return self._sock.recv_into(b)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/ssl.py", line 1241, in recv_into
    return self.read(nbytes, buffer)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/ssl.py", line 1099, in read
    return self._sslobj.read(len, buffer)
socket.timeout: The read operation timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 439, in send
    resp = conn.urlopen(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 755, in urlopen
    retries = retries.increment(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 531, in increment
    raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/packages/six.py", line 735, in reraise
    raise value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 699, in urlopen
    httplib_response = self._make_request(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 447, in _make_request
    self._raise_timeout(err=e, url=url, timeout_value=read_timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 336, in _raise_timeout
    raise ReadTimeoutError(
urllib3.exceptions.ReadTimeoutError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='my.tado.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 248, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tado/__init__.py", line 78, in async_setup_entry
    await hass.async_add_executor_job(tadoconnector.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/__init__.py", line 285, in wrapper
    result = method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tado/__init__.py", line 173, in update
    self.update_sensor("device", device["shortSerialNo"])
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tado/__init__.py", line 182, in update_sensor
    data = self.tado.getDeviceInfo(sensor)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py", line 411, in getDeviceInfo
    data = self._apiCall(cmd=cmd, domain=self.DEVICE_DOMAIN, device_id=device_id)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/PyTado/interface.py", line 81, in _apiCall
    response = self._http_session.request(method, url, timeout=self.timeout,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 542, in request
    resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/sessions.py", line 655, in send
    r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 529, in send
    raise ReadTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='my.tado.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=10)

Thoughts? I’m really stuck.

I have no answer for you, sorry. My tado integration is working fine, just updated to latest core/supervisor and still working.

Did you try to restart HA, re-install Tado integration, restart Tado bridge?

Is the seperate Tado App on your phone working?

Rado is working fine for me too.
Have you checked that your config is completed in the UI as yaml config is no longer used.

Rado? You mean Tado :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got some development. My production (HassOS) runs in VirtualBox. I’ve tested it on my Synology NAS in docker (Core only) and tado works normally with the latests core update.

Any clues?

!!! THANK YOU !!!

My TADO stopped working to. I could only change the thermostats that don’t have a scedule created within the official TADO app

So, if you have a thermostat and created a scedule for it, that’s were the problem might be. After removing those scedules they work again.

Disabling FallBack mode solved my problem at first hand. There might be something in common.

2 Likes

Hi,

Tado integration has partially stopped working for me too after update to core-2021.3.4.

It manifests itself in states of Tado entities (climate.[room], sensor.[room]_tado_mode) not updating on the HA side when commands are issued via the Tado app. States would only update when HA is rebooted or Tado integration is reloaded. I have tried removing and reinstalling the Tado integration, turning off “Enable Fallback Mode” and restarting Tado bridge to no avail.

When issuing commands from HA, Tado device states would properly update as seen in the Tado app. However, when performing actions from Tado app, HA states remain unchanged.

Reverting HA core to 2021.1.5 fixes the issue, so it appears to be related to the latest version of the HA core.

What’s the best way to flag this directly towards author(s) of the native Tado integration?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi;

Same here once I upgraded to the latest version this wasnt resolved so I searched the forum and found your note and from there I downgraded to version 2021.1.5 which resolved the issue for tado. Hopefully more people have the issues so someone can start working on fixing it.

Another problem:

After upgrading, I got a delay of Tado, it takes several minutes before hass got the info from Tado.
I tested it with the tado app, changed the temperature, it took 5 minutes and then hass updated the info.
Before the update of 2021.4, it was immediatly. Now I’m running 2021.4.1… Changing from HA to tado is immediatly.

Summary:

• Change tado temp from HA to Tado: Immediatly
  • Change tado temp from Tado to HA: A long delay

I do experience the same problems you encounter. Hopefully they can fix this issue.

@devitus @Noobhub, I do not have the problems you have and I’m running the latest version so there might be a problem on your side. Maybe check your network, something blocking the communication?

@darryl12123 what’s the best way to trace this? Logs normally help when there’s an identifiable event in HA, but here it’s just that the HA event (entity state change) happens long after the action performed in the Tado app.

Hello everyone

With regards to my setup the tado appliances that I use are the smart ac control. What works for me is control via the tado ap (so if I change on the tado app it will be reflected in HA. Yet if I change anything in HA after a few seconds HA will return the change that I did to the current status of tado.) yet any control via HA is not working.

The last working release for me using tado smart AC is 2021.1.5.

Regards