Tado with zigbee temp sensors e.g. Aqara?

Hi
Does anyone know if I can can cotrol within HA, the Tado heating (Wireless Smart Thermostat V3+ kit) via on/off/set temp commands, using zigbee temp sensors to monitor a room temp? E.g. zigbee temp sensor logs room at xyz celcius, Tado heating to turn off.

FYI I do not mean controlling TRV Valves.

Thanks

Can you please clarify what you mean?

You can use the generic thermostat integration which does exactly what you describe (if I’m getting your text right, hence better try to write a little bit more if generic thermostat is not what you are looking for)

Sure thing, sorry for the confusion. Tado wireless thermostat has temperature measurment built within it. Which of course you can adjust. There is also a Home Assistant intergration for controlling this.

I would like to add within Home Assistant a Zigbee temperature senor, such as an Aqara one Aqara Temperature and Humidity Sensor - Apple (UK). Then within Home Assistant, measure the temp from the zigbee sensor to automate a command to the Tado Wireless system to either turn the heating on/off or set a specific temp.

There is generic thermostat which will give you an extra thermostat which will turn your hardware thermostat on and off using a temperature sensor.

Alternatively there is the option to set a temperature offset to the hardware. If you do this everytime there is an offset between the thermostat and the external sensor you will trick the thermostat into always following the temperature of the aqara sensor. I’m using it for TRV’s not sure about thermostat, but the dicumentation of this feature only says ‘climate entities’, which should include thermostats.

1 Like

Hello,

sorry for digging out this old thread, but I figured it might help others with the same issue:

Following the example on the tado integration page, the action part, which I need to use the yaml editor for instead of UI editor, gives me this error: Message malformed: template value should be a string for dictionary value @ data[‘action’][0][‘data’] Here the snippet of code:

action:
  - service: tado.set_climate_temperature_offset
    target:
      entity_id: climate.wohnzimmer
    data:
      offset: >
        {% set tado_temp = states('sensor.thermostat_wohnzimmer_hk_current_temperature')|float(20) %}
        {% set room_temp = states('sensor.wohnzimmer_temperature')|float(20) %
        {% set current_offset = state_attr('climate.wohnzimmer', 'offset_celsius') %}
        {{ (-(tado_temp - room_temp) + current_offset)|round(1) }}

I read here that a while back the UI yaml editor was the problem. Not sure if this is fixed, is my code faulty or is it a bug?

Did you get an answer to this question?

I’ve installed a few zigbee thermometers in key rooms and have significant variation from the TRV sensed temps.
I’m going to code something to replace the logic in the tado system and get HA to take it over using this more accurate data.

E.g. on this graph is the tado trv temperature (blue) and the actual temp by my daughter’s cot (orange)