‘Tahoma switch Homekit pairing’

For all those nervous about if this has been fixed by Somfy, I can confirm it still works while running on the latest firmware of Tahoma. Extending the pyoverkiz example with a few lines of code used to retrieve the homekit setup code as it is done in ha-tahoma, I was able to successfully retrieve my code.

In case anyone wonders, this is what I used:

import asyncio

from pyoverkiz.const import SUPPORTED_SERVERS
from pyoverkiz.client import OverkizClient
from pyoverkiz.enums import OverkizAttribute, UIWidget

USERNAME = ""
PASSWORD = ""

async def main() -> None:

async with OverkizClient(USERNAME, PASSWORD, server=SUPPORTED_SERVERS["somfy_europe"]) as client:

try:
            await client.login()
        except Exception as exception:  # pylint: disable=broad-except
            print(exception)
            return

devices = await client.get_devices()

for device in devices:
            if device.widget == UIWidget.HOMEKIT_STACK:
                  print(device.attributes.get(OverkizAttribute.HOMEKIT_SETUP_CODE).value)

asyncio.run(main())

Many thanks for all the effort guys.

That will work as well @Arbee! However, you can also just update to the core 2022.2 beta and use the Overkiz integration. This will show your HomeKit code as well.

1 Like

Hi! I have a Somfy Exterior Awning (Bioclimatic Pergola). This is recognized in the Tahoma Homekit Controller, but it does not do anything.
The Overkiz integration shows it and it works fine, but would like to use it offline…
Any ideas?

Is it recognized? Can you share a screenshot here? It is not supported according to the list of supported HomeKit devices.

If you have a Somfy TaHoma v2 hub, you could use local support in the future though.

Sure, it shows up as io:VerticalExteriorAwningIO. But it won’t control.

Local support via my v2 Tahoma hub would be what I was hoping for…

Thanks!

Hi, where this information it’s showed? I configured overkiz and working, but with cloud api. where I can get homekit code of tohama?
thanks

See documentation.

Hello Mick

I am using Tahoma Switch that work perfectly with the core integration. but it works cloud based

i try to use the homekit pairing code, but when i ask to use homekit controller, the tahoma switch is not listed as device

does it mean that i should first connect with my tahoma switch using an apple device (and the code from your integration) before being able to see it in the homekit controller integration ?

thanks for your help

I am not sure why, in my case the HomeKit controller shows up by default. Perhaps you can add it manually via the HomeKit Controller integration? You should not need to first link it via een Apple device, since the HomeKit link can only work with a single HomeKit controller.

However, since they announced a local API, this would be added in a while as well.

Strange indeed, May be this comes to the fact that my tahoma switch is already paired with an android device using the somfy tahoma SW, preventing to expose it as homekit anymore… could not find a way to add it manually

Hi, have you found a solution? I had my Tahoma paired previously via Homekit, however I deleted it some time ago and I just can’t add it agian. I don’t know why, I deleted it via Home Assistant itself… Would love to hear from you :slight_smile: