‘Tahoma switch Homekit pairing’

‘Hi,

I need a help with Tahoma switch bridge to be integrated via Homekit controller. When entering the pairing pin the log shows this;

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/homekit_controller/config_flow.py”, line 324, in async_step_pair
pairing = await self.finish_pairing(code)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohomekit/controller/ip/discovery.py”, line 99, in finish_pairing
request, expected = state_machine.send(response)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/aiohomekit/protocol/init.py”, line 179, in perform_pair_setup_part2
raise InvalidError(“M5: not an error or a proof”)
aiohomekit.exceptions.InvalidError: M5: not an error or a proof

Any idea please?’

1 Like

Did you already get this working? I wasn’t able to connect my Somfy TaHoma (no Switch) to HomeKit as well. I had the same error unfortunately.

In the mean-time, you could use GitHub - iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Somfy TaHoma or other OverKiz based API's. to add your TaHoma Switch to Home Assistant.

Hi Mick,

Tahoma Custom component works fine but it is a cloud pooling solution that is not really good in case of a lost internet connection. This is why I prefer HomeKit connection but there seems to be no way how to make the Tahoma Switch to get integrated I am afraid.

But thanks

If anyone would know how to get over this I would appreciate it

@pzapletal in the upcoming HA version (or try the beta now ;-)) there is support for this. The latest ha-tahoma version will add a sensor with the HomeKit code as well, for ease of use.

@imick I’m on the latest version and I could indeed add the Tahoma switch successfully via the Homekit Controller integration, but sadly I can only see the Tahoma switch itself, none of my covers. Is it working for you? Do you have any tips for me?

@sitte, I am afraid this means that your covers are not supported for HomeKit.

Are they on this list? https://service.somfy.com/downloads/fr_v5/fiche-partenaire-apple-homekit.pdf. In my case, only a few of my covers are supported, thus I am not using it after all.

1 Like

@imick well that’s some sad news, but I aprecciate your help!

@imick Can I ask what devices are you getting from the homekit integration?

I’ve got both io-control and RTS, according to the documentation io-control devices should work but none of them are coming through.

Thaks Mick.

Thanks, I have found it already…Not yet fully tested but I had the problems with the response time and tilting the blinds…This does seem to be a bit confused so far…But It is a great success to at least use local Home Kit connection for now…

All help appreciated

Petr

@pzapletal can you please liaise on how you solved the issue ?
I also have a Somfy Tahoma Switch (last version) and have the HomeKit Controller in HA installed, and also see only my Tahoma switch and not the 5 blinds which are connected (and working via the Tahoma app)

Thanks for the info already :slight_smile:

Hi,

This is the way…as what Mick mentioned: The latest ha-tahoma version will add a sensor with the HomeKit code as well, for ease of use.

So I grabbed this Home kit code and then added Tahoma via HomeKit controller…But experiencing the issues with the blinds tilting…I can only shut them down or open them. Unfortunately this local collection is even slower than the Cloud connection across the globe :slight_smile: so seemingly there still may be some bugs on HomeKit or Tahoma firmware…

Hope this helps

1 Like

How did you grab the homekit code from your thaoma box?

Mine doesn’t seem to have one printed on the box. The only qr code that is there, is the pin for the on-boarding with the cloud.

The process via the iphone seems to work without a homekit code.

You can use GitHub - iMicknl/ha-tahoma: Custom component for Home Assistant to interact with smart devices via Somfy TaHoma or other OverKiz based API's. for that! Or the new Overkiz integration that will be in core, next version.

Is there any specific scenario in which the code gets added as a sensor?

Been trying to get it with this approach for some days now but somehow it doesn’t seem to work for me. In what scenario is it exposed? Does the Tahoma need to be linked to HomeKit already? Should ha detect HomeKit on Tahoma when the Tahoma plug-in is installed and configured? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Did you check the gateway device that is added to Home Assistant? The sensor is not exposed by default to the lovelace dashboard.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I did, there are no entities created under the Tahoma device (if that is what you mean).

I also tried running an older version of the integration and enabling debug logging but unfortunately there was no message containing the key.

Not sure what else I can do. The box I got did not carry the sticker and I’m only able to pair it via the integrated pairing process without entering a code on my i-device.

Hi,

how you get the homekit code?

thanks

Hi,

Install OVERKIZ add-on and this should expose HOME KIT pairing code for you…So far it works perfectly when using automations and especially control over NODE RED flows but the control widgets in lovelace do not work accordingly…

Hope this helps

Thanks

Hi,
I have installed overkiz and configurate with cloud information, and work well but to cloud integration. Where I can get the homekit code of Tohama?

This is probably an issue in the ha-tahoma integration. I don’t see the HomeKit sensor as well, however it is fixed in the core release (that will be released in a few days, or try the beta!).

We will backport the overkiz changes to the ha-tahoma integration, but that will probably take more time.