Tahoma: Warnings in the log and no covers showing in the interface

Hi,
I have just started using HA and so far most things have gone well. However I get the following warnings in the log:

2018-04-04 03:04:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:TSKAlarmComponent for Tahoma device Alarm
2018-04-04 03:04:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:PodV2Component for Tahoma device Active button
2018-04-04 03:04:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor for Tahoma device PatioDoor
2018-04-04 03:04:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rtds:RTDSRemoteControllerComponent for Tahoma device Somfy Remote
2018-04-04 03:04:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:VenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Study
2018-04-04 03:04:08 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:DualCurtainRTSComponent for Tahoma device Dining Room

I’m not worried about the TSKAlamComponent, PodV2Component or the RTDSRemoteControllerCompoent but the VenetianBlindRTSComponent and the DualCurtainRTSComponent are my covers that I would like to control.
It would also be nice to have access to the SomfyContactIOSystemSensor.

Does anyone know what might be causing these warnings and how I can get my covers working?

Thanks for any support,
Ady

OK, I have managed to work it out but not sure how to use GitHub to present it officially.

My work around is as follows:
Copied the tahoma.py file to the custom_components folder,
Added the following lines to the TAHOMA_TYPES structure:

'rts:VenetianBlindRTSComponent': 'cover',
'rts:DualCurtainRTSComponent': 'cover',
'rts:BlindRTSComponent': 'cover',
'io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor': 'sensor',

My curtains and blinds now appear in the interface.
I played around with the tilt options on the Venetian blind but had no luck with making that work. I created a cover sub folder and copied the tahoma.py cover file to there. I then filled added the extra code for the tilt position and set the type of the blind to include the tilt buttons.With the help of some log messages I could see the code was being called but I couldn’t work out what the Somfy commands are.

While I was there I made one of the tilt functions send ‘my’ as the command and it did activate the My position on the blind. So what I could do with now is some clever person to tell me how I change the GUI to show a ‘My’ button.
Maybe the cover implementation could be updated officially to support that as it is a standard feature of the Somfy covers.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey there,

The ‘my’ option is not supported and can’t really be supported for now.

Could you tell me which ones of the 3 cover types does work?

Also does your ContactIOSystemSensor work as it should?

If you provide me with that info I will update the code on github for you :slight_smile:

Hi,

All the covers I added work but the ‘rts:VenetianBlindRTSComponent’ only goes up/down. At the moment I have left one of the tilt functions sending ‘my’ and programmed the ‘My’ position on the blind to be all the way down with the slats horizontal. That allows me to select all the positions I need.

I thought the ContactIOSystemSensor was working as it appears i the GUI and i use it to open and close the curtains when the door opens / closes. However, I have just checked again and it just reports unknown all the time. Now I remember that I had already set it up to do that automation in the Tahoma box. I think I got side tracked by the Venetian tilt function and then forgot about the sensor.

Thanks for your help.

OK, The contact sensor is now working.
I copied the sensor\tahoma.py into the custom_components\sensor folder then added the following:

To the end of

def unit_of_measurement(self):

elif self.tahoma_device.type == 'io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor':
        return None

and to the end of

def update(self):

if self.tahoma_device.type == 'io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor':
        self.current_value = self.tahoma_device.active_states[
            'core:ContactState']

The sensor indicator in the GUI now toggles between open and closed when the door is opened and closed.

I would VERY much appreciate support for the following 2 device types:

• rts:BlindRTSComponent
  • rts:OnOffRTSComponent

The Blind supports in the TahomaLink application “Up”, “Down” and “My”.
The OnOff is just a switch with “On” and “Off”.

I am able to connect to Tahoma and I received the following messages:

20188-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:TSKAlarmComponent for Tahoma device Alarm
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type internal:PodV2Component for Tahoma device Active button
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 1
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:OnOffRTSComponent for Tahoma device Yard Lights
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 2
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 3
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Living 4
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Study
2018-04-18 17:46:57 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:BlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Kitchen

(I only care about the rts:BlindRTSComponent and rts:OnOffRTSComponent)
(currently going HA --> IFTTT --> Tahoma --> RTS Motor and would love to cut out IFTTT)

Thank you.

Added most of these, the switch can’t be done quickly:

1 Like

Thank you kind sir.

I have just looked at the changes and was wondering if the:

‘rts:DualCurtainRTSComponent’: ‘cover’,
‘io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor’: ‘sensor’,
and maybe
rts:OnOffRTSComponent,

need to be in the

TAHOMA_TYPES = {

section or if they get picked up some other way?

Hopefully I will one day find the time to learn how to use GitHub.

I have updated to the latest version and removed my custom_components and as I suspected it doesn’t recognise my DualCurtain or SomfyContact.

So I have replaced all the files in my custom_components with the new components\tahoma.py and components\cover\tahoma.py files. I then added the:

TAHOMA_TYPES = {
…
‘rts:DualCurtainRTSComponent’: ‘cover’,
‘io:SomfyContactIOSystemSensor’: ‘sensor’,

in the tahoma.py component and added:

elif self.tahoma_device.type == 'rts:VenetianBlindRTSComponent':
        self.apply_action('my')
    elif self.tahoma_device.type == 'rts:DualCurtainRTSComponent':
        self.apply_action('my')

to the "def stop_cover(self, **kwargs): " function in covers\tahoma.py and I now have control of my blinds back where the GUI stop button sends the ‘my’ command.

So if you would be so kind as to add those in officially I would be very grateful.

Hi
Today i also add tahoma to my Home Assistant and also have problem with devices on tahoma… Not show in Home Assistant… show warning in log…

Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Kuchnia
0816 componentstahoma.py (WARNING)
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Wykusz
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Balkon sypialnia
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Gabinet
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Swietlik sypialnia
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Wykusz boki
Unsupported type internalTSKAlarmComponent for Tahoma device Alarm
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Balkon Michał
Unsupported type rtsExteriorVenetianBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device Balkon Kinga
Unsupported type internalPodV2Component for Tahoma device Przycisk sensorowy

How i can add this devices and also add to mater component in developer…
Where is located file tahoma.py ?
I have installed Home Assistant on my RPI3(no Hass.io)

hello,
I also have an issue with RTS blinders not recognized:

2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 09 Living
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 15 Cucina
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 16 Cucina
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:HorizontalAwningRTSComponent for Tahoma device Tenda_Balcone
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 11 Living
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 12 Tavola
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 10 Living
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 14 Tavola
2018-07-17 21:04:09 WARNING (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.tahoma] Unsupported type rts:ExteriorBlindRTSComponent for Tahoma device 13 Tavola

I would need some guidance to fix this please :slight_smile:

I will be very please to get it fixed too.

Here my config log

Hi,
I dont know if you count this as a fix, but it removes the error messages for me:

Ie. putting the unsupported types in the exclude list.

Thanks this fixed that for me as well.

1 Like