Tailscale and remote HA integration

I want to use the Remote HA integration with two HA instances connected via Tailscale. I tried a couple weeks ago and with Tailscale installed and configured, the two instances cannot see the other instance on the advertised remote networks.
So, I have an idea that I’m investigating. I assume the Tailscale add-on is in its own container with an IP and network config different than the HA container. If so, do I need to add a route from HA to the ip network I’m advertising from the remote instance? And if so, will I need the route on both ends?

If I’m correct, how do I add a route to HA? I found this post, but it seems to imply the route is being added to the supervisor. Is this syntax correct? (My first attempt gave me an unknown connection error)

In my setup, the main HA instance is on 192.168.1.x/24 and the remote is on 10.0.0.0/24.

I’ve switched to using nmcli connection modify "Supervisor eth0..." HA seems to recognize it. Still working to understand the actual IP to use as the gateway.

Hi!
I’m try to connect remote HA via tailscale as you. But i cannot config to ping or remote to other ip address of HA on tailscale network. Can you show me your solution?
Tks! Sorry for my english.

I have not made this work

I use this addon
It’s work!

and tailscale’s documents

I added a tailscale subnet on my proxmox host and used the following command to point to HAOS tailscale up --advertise-routes=192.168.40.43/32.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

I have the same problem but i coudn’t make it work so far.
I have an HA instance installed on Proxmox (home)
and other installed in a Rpi4 (remote)

I already tried install the tailscale addon in the both HA instances, and I can’t ping
also tried Proxmox host tailscale installation.
and still not working,

I can reach the Remote instance if connect over tailscale app in my laptop.

@reubano Can you share a your solution? maybe i am missing something

keecy,