Tailscale reauthentication

I installed and started Tailscale but when I click on “open web-ui” I got the message as you can in the attachement and when I click on the button “reauthenticate” nothing happen. See attachement. I have an account with Tailscale. How can I solve this problem ?

Have you tried restarting the addon?

Yes I did. I also tried delete thé addon eb reinstall it.

Key’s for devices in Tailscale default to expiring in 90days.

You need to log onto your Tailscale account (login.tailscale.com), navigate to the “Machines” tab and you likely will see one or more machines that have expired. You can click on the three dots to the right of the machine to get a popup menu to perform actions. You will need to use the UI to create/replace a new key for the device. You can also choose to “Disable key expiry” in the same menu so this won’t happen again in 90 days.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

Thx but it did not help

same here for me, did you find out how to solve?

@undee123 @patrhend

Just ran into This problem. Solved it with the following steps on my phone!

1. Open Settings
  2. Click add-ons
  3. Select Tailscale addon
  4. Select logs in the bottom right corner
  5. In your logs, you’re gonna look for a section that says, “ To authenticate visit…”
  6. Go to the URL and follow the steps. It was quite simple. Just had to login for me and since I already had an account and it already connected my iPhone it just worked.
2 Likes

1 Like

here it is in Txt

2024/02/25 21:08:06 stopEngineAndWait...

To authenticate, visit:

https://login.tailscale.com/a/REDACTED

2024/02/25 21:08:06 requestEngineStatusAndWait

2024/02/25 21:08:06 tailscaleUp
1 Like

I had this same problem. Turns out I had an Adguard filter preventing the login page from loading. Added a custom rule to allow the tail scale login page to load. Don’t ask me how many days it took me before I finally thought to check that.

1 Like

Been there, done that. I’ve wasted countless hours troubleshooting stuff not working due to me having locked things down and forgetting later.

Thank you. This worked