Tapo: Cameras Control Camera requires your cloud password for control

ONVIF is sn HA native inegration. I have yet to get it to work though, likely something simple that I’m missing since Igot it to work in Frigate.

Hi. Today I get the same message for invalid cloud password although the password is correct. I reset the password from Tapo app but same issue again. Now the cameras doesn’t work at HA but they work at tapo app. Any news about that fix?

Check out the link that RickFurtado sent above. I believe the latest was that the integration developer chased TP Link for an update.

The current advice, if you want it working, is to downgrade the camera firmware to a compatible working one and then also block Internet access to the cameras.

Does anyone know where to find the firmware to downgrade the tapo c110 v1 camera?

I cant login with cloud password. Shit is broken.

https://download.tplinkcloud.com/firmware/Tapo_C110v1_en_1.3.7_Build_230817_Rel.38388n_up_boot-signed_1695192190438.bin

rename it to “factory_up_boot.bin”

Downgrade the camera, working with c110 v1 and v2

DON’T UPDATE the firmware until new fix (in the app or thru HA updates)

1 Like

hi guys

who’s got a good explanation of how do i add the camera via ONVIF ?

greets?

I recently purchased a Tapo C720 floodlight camera. I don’t have any other Tapo devices currently, so kind of starting from scratch.

Subsequent setup which successfully added the camera to Home Assistant…
(Note: initial conditions include a) Internet is still blocked for the device and b) device has latest firmware)

1. Remove the camera from app
  2. Reset the camera by pressing the Reset button on the camera (camera blinks red and green). This seems to be referred to as a “factory reset” and some places as “hard reset”, but since it’s just pressing the button for a few seconds, to me, that’s just a regular old “reset”
  3. Add the camera to the app
  4. Added 3rd party account to camera
  5. Add device to home assistant
    SUCCESS!!!
    At first, the integration only set up the HD and SD images, but after a few minutes, I went back into the settings page and it has floodlight and other settings. YAY!!!

If you want to know my initial setup that didn’t work…

1. Added integration from HACS (Tapo: Cameras Control)
  2. Added camera to app
  3. Silly me, tried to add it to Home assistant here – NOPE!
  4. RTFM (to be fair I skimmed the integration before I bought the camera to see if it would make sense, so I was aware of the cloud password issue but didn’t really dig into the setup details yet)
  5. Added 3rd party account to camera
  6. Blocked internet access for camera
  7. Turn off two-Step authentication
  8. Attempted to add camera to Home Assistant - Invalid cloud password
  9. Updated firmware (1.2.2 build 240717) (my understanding of the repo web page was that it should work on new firmware if internet is disabled… apparently that was a correct understanding)