Tasks/Chore Management

Chore Management

Manages your tasks/chores stored in a To-do list.

GitHub issues by-label Static Badge

Features

• :bell: Receive notification when a task/chore is overdue or nearly due.
  • :white_check_mark: Complete the task/chore directly through the received notification.
    • :next_track_button: Automatically reschedule a completed task/chore for the next interval.
  • :clock3: Postpone the task/chore for a specific time directly through the received notification.

:exclamation: IMPORTANT: The minimum required version of Home Assistant is 2024.1.0 :exclamation:

Configuration

1. Add Local To-do integration.
    In order to use this blueprint you need to create a To-do list with the Local To-do integration.
    To add the Local To-do integration to your Home Assistant instance, use this button:

Open your Home Assistant instance and start setting up a new integration.

2. Add a new To-do list.
    This should already be done when adding the integration for the first time.
    If not, simply head over to the Local To-do integration and click on ADD ENTRY to create a new To-do list.

3. Create tasks/chores in the new created To-do list.
    Configure the tasks/chores like follows:

Field Description Example
    Task name Name of the task/chore
    This is displayed in the notification
    Vacuum living room
    Description This text box is used to store additional configuration of the task/chore.

The following options are currently available:
    • repeat - How often should the task/chore be performed.
      Use the format X day
    • icon - The icon to display in the notification (mdi icons - Android only)
    repeat=1 day; icon=mdi:test-tube
    Due date Set the initial due date N/A
  4. Import this blueprint and use it for a new automation:

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

Roadmap

TBA

2 Likes

Sounds swell! Wanted to try it but the link to the blueprint gave an error.
Edit: I believe the following is a correct url:

You’re right. I’ve fixed the URL of the import blueprint button.

Nice work, this could be really handy. I think the option to configure the notification frequency is needed. If I don’t select an action in the notification it resends it about every 10-15 minutes.

Also, is there a way to have comments in the description?

This is fantastic!!! I was spending hours this morning trying to do exactly this in a much poorer fashion with no success.

A few items I think would be awesome enhancements:

• Fine tune notification settings
  • Keep track of who clicked complete on the task
  • Make it so only 1 push notification is on the device at a time and must be dismissed before another shows up?
1 Like

Hi, I’ve just found your todo blueprint and it seems to be working. But when I get a notification and I complete the task using the actionable notification it ticks off the task and move it into completed but then it also adds another item in the same name back into the due section again. Not sure if this is a bug? Also id also like of a way to set conditions in the created automation. For example, I have an input Boolean for when I’m on holiday, so if that Boolean is on I dont want a notification. Great simple work btw!

1 Like

Any enhancement planned ? ( I talk about suggestions in this thread)

Thanks for your work !

Hi,

sorry for the missing response.
I haven’t had much time to deal with this topic recently, but I’m trying to enhance the blueprint in the next few weeks.

It would help me a lot if the suggestions/requests are being created as an issue here.