Tasmota and Door Sensors

G’Day guru’s. I’m wondering whether anyone has successfully configured one of these babies. It’s a Genio door/window sensor. I’ve flashed it with Tasmota however haven’t had any success in getting anywhere with the configuration. There’s a small reed switch and a tamper switch but haven’t found any doco as to which GPIOs, if any, they are connected to.64421061_440411146538283_9021716126486503613_n

Did you ever give this one a try? I bought it as it was the smallest (best looking) battery powered door sensor. I recently flashed Tasmota into it and I’m about to tackle the configuration.

I had no success in getting the config correct in Tasmota. Let me know if you have success.

I bought one a few weeks back but havent been able to flash the thing over the air or via cabling it up, all my usual attempts have failed so after some pointers

Hi all,

I’ve managed to flash this sensor and get it set up for my network. I can wake it and it seems to retain my settings and respond to pings when it wakes. I can log into the user interface and I have successfully updated the firmware to the latest sensor version of Tasmota.

I’m looking for the easy way out! Does anyone have a config/template that works? I am 90 percent of the way and just need to either find the GPIO pins the devices are connected to OR set up some rules to send MQTT messages when it powers on…

I used Tuya-Convert V2 to install Tasmota. Took a couple of goes but I installed it by pressing and releasing the tamper switch while it was installing.

I have managed to get this working using the instructions from HERE
I also got it talking to Home Assistant and it seems to wake up and send the message just fine but the problem I am having is that it keeps changing the data string thats being sent. So when I set up the rule it works for a bit and then the numbers change! Anyone else had that issue?
On both the Blakadder site and BurnsHA’s video the number they get is a lot shorter than mine (24 vs 50)
My open message is currently 55AA0005001265010001006601000101670200040000004B9E
and my close message is
55AA0005001265010001016601000101670200040000004B9F

If have tried the first 24 numbers but it ignores them in the rule therefore not changing the status via MQTT

But if I press the tamper switch it might reboot and then display another number. I’m now stuck too! I hope some of this helps someone, there is also a few helpful comments in BurnsHA’s video.

Cheers,
RXII

I am having the exact same issue. I have posted on the Tasmota discord channel. Hopefully they can help

Has anyone figured out how to get past the issue with the data string that @1972rx2 mentioned above?

I am wanting to open my recently acquired Mirabella door sensor but reluctant to do so if there is a known roadblock.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,
I never got this working…but I fixed it by adding a Zigbee Aqara sensor instead!

Good Luck!