Tasmota Bluetooth Sensors missing

G’day all,

Recently deployed some Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC BLE Temperature/Humidity sensors, using the ATC firmware. To receive the broadcasts I’m using a ESP32 running Tasmota 9.2.0. Tasmota receives and decodes all six thermometers, and they are viewable through the Tasmota web interface. Home Assistant in turn discovers the Tasmota, and some of the thermometers.

The issue is that upon rebooting the ESP32, only some of the thermometers are immediately available (depending on the broadcast interval). Whichever thermometers are available during the initial re/discovery are the only sensors which Home Assistant will mark as active and record sensor data for. Subsequently received thermometers never become available, despite the ESP32 receiving all six. Restarting the ESP32 will result in a different subset of sensors being available, however I have rarely had all six available together.

What is the mechanism Home Assistant uses to discover Tasmota and the attached sensors? Where is the issue likely to lie - with Tasmota or with Home Assistant?

A bit more digging has found that Tasmota advertises itself of discovery by publishing to tasmota/discovery/%mac%/config, followed by tasmota/discovery/%mac%/sensors. It is the latter which is not being updated as subsequent sensors are discovered by Tasmota.

I can force the discovery of the missing sensors by manually publishing to the /sensors topic with a message which includes the details of these sensors. It seems therefore that Tasmota should be updating this topic as subsequent sensors are discovered.

I’ll look at raising an issue with Tasmota to this effect.

Hi, had pretty much the same issue. Sporadically dropping out some of the 6 sensors I had on the ESP32 with v9.2.0.
Noticed on the development chain that there was a v9.2.4 …giving that a try now, will see if they drop out :slight_smile: