Tasmota Configuration - Topgreener

Got a Topgreener dimmer. Anybody got an Idea which pins support a serial connection?

I’m working through the same issues with a Topgreener dimmer. I can get it to work as a regular switch, full on and full off, but can’t get it to dim.

As luck would have it, looks like I figured out the TopGreener Dimmer.

Set the Configuration to Tuya MCU (54), then save.
Set GPIO13 Tuya Rx, and GPIO15 Tuya Tx, then save.
Go to the console. Enter:
TuyaMCU 21,3
DimmerRange 55,255

Then you should be all set. Let me know if this works for anyone else. Thanks!

I used Module type Tuya MCU (54).
GPIO13 TuyaRx 108
GPIO15 TuyaTx 107
On the console
TuyaMCU 21,3 - Dimming
dimmerrange 25,254
Here is the webpage.
tasmota.github.io/docs/TuyaMCU/

I had to play around until I got it where I wanted it.

I upgraded my switch to Tasmota 9.1 and the led on the switch blinks green constantly.

I brought it back to 7.2 and now it works.

Frankly, this kind of nonsense is why I’m phasing out my Tasmota devices. I can run MQTT on stock Shelly devices and it’s solidly reliable. There was a time when Tasmota was needed, but, for me, that time is over.

Cheers, Richard

Well, thanks to the info here, I’m up and running with my new TopGreener Dimmers.

My basic notes to myself are as follows:

• {“NAME”:“TopGreener-Dimmer”,“GPIO”: 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,108,0,107,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:54}
  • Upgrade firmware to 9.xx
  • Template Based Upon: TuyaMCU 54
  • GPIO 13= TuyaRX (108) ,GPIO15= TuyaTX (107)
  • Console:
    ** TuyaMCU 21,3

Thanks for the help! I have 4 of these now with 4 more on the way!

Has anyone figured out how to invert the LED? I also have a TopGreener switch running Tasmota 9.1.0. The blue LED is the only thing keeping me from moving away from Z-Wave switches.

TIA!

@Rickerdo It’s my understanding, from this closed issue in the Tasmota repo, that it’s not possible. The tiny LED is controlled by the “Tuya MCU”, and isn’t accessible to Tasmota.

If anyone has any current experience with these switches, I was today able to convert a bunch of them using Tuya-Convert (over the air), but I’m having trouble with the template, and it’s keeping me from being able to turn on and off my switches. (To say nothing of getting them into HA.)

Is there any new community wisdom, or does the configuration from earlier posts still seem current?

Aplogies that I’m jumping in here over 2 years too late, however wanted to share this update as I recently got around to converting a couple of these switches to Tasmota (using flywired in UART).

I also ran into configuration issues tying to get the switch to respond to on/off and dimming requests. The template is ok, what fixed it for me was to set the dpid values differently than what others have used in the past. In the Tasmota console:
TuyaMCU 11, 20
TuyaMCU 21, 22