Tasmota Configuration - Topgreener

I just flashed a Topgreener switch (not dimmer) with Tasmota and I’m connected. Now I’m trying to figure out the GPIO assignments in the Module Configuration.

Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks, Richard

Hey Richard, I too just got two of these today and was able to flash them. I set them up as a Tuya Dimmer (54) and set GPIO13 to Tuya Rx (108) and GPIO15 to Tuya Tx (107). I got the idea from this configuration on another website.
http://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/dimmers/sold-as-topgreener/
This is my first post on HASS, so I’m guessing my url might get deleted. If so, it’s a config on thesmarthomehookup website. Hopefully I’m okay to post that :slight_smile: While the switch is not a dimmer obviously, the switch functionality works exactly as expected and can be integrated via MQTT into HASS. I’m just ignoring the dimmer functionality for now. When I have some time, I’ll try to dig further into this and see if the dimmer config can be modified and maybe get it back into Tasmota natively.

As a side note to others that might be interested, I will say that I’m very impressed with the construction of the Topgreener switches, and I’m assuming the dimmers as well, which are en route and I’m very excited to be receiving in a couple of days. I’ve tried a handful of other ESP-based switches, and while I was able to flash them and get them to work, they seem a little on the cheap side. These switches feel like an actual commercial grade switch, manufactured by an established electrical device manufacturer, that you would buy at a retail hardware store or even your local electrical supply house. And not to mention, these are UL listed, which makes me sleep a lot better at night. For the few extra bucks, I feel they’re well worth it.

I’ll also add that I like the fact that these switches have individual on and off action - up and down like a real rocker switch, albeit momentary of course. All the other smart switches that I have seen just have a single button to toggle on and off. The aesthetics of these switches match perfectly with the existing Decora switches that have been around forever. I tend to think that automation should blend in both physically and operationally in one’s home. OH! And these switches also come with swappable black and ivory buttons to match existing devices in one’s house. How cool is that added bonus that I wasn’t expecting?!

Ok, well I was just posting to say that I got these to work, though somewhat of a workaround for now, and I couldn’t help but to give an outstanding review for those that might be considering these devices.

Hope this helps someone out, and if anyone else has some feedback, I’m sure others would be happy to hear about it.

Thanks very much. I’ll try this and report back.

I had to change the Tuya Dimmer ID using the following command in the html console.
SetOption34 3
There is code in Tasmota to auto-configure the dimmer ID, but it was incorrectly setting it to 6. When set to 6, if I turned the switch on from the face-plate, it would shut itself off a couple minutes later. Though if I turned it on through either the web UI or MQTT, it would stay on until commanded off or turned off through the face-plate.

Now that I’ve changed the dimmer ID, it’s working perfectly. I looked through the Tasmota code quite a bit to familiarize myself with it because I’d like to eventually figure out how to set this switch up with no dimmer feature whatsoever. It doesn’t change the functionality at all, so it’s not urgent, but it would be nice to have it shown only as a switch just to remove any confusion down the road.

If there’s anyone out there that might have some ideas about this, it would be great to get some feedback.

BrianK, thanks so much for sorting this out. I agree it would be nice to have a built-in switch configuration. I also chose this switch for the build quality and the fact that it’s UL listed (IIRC).

Physical “stateless” double momentary makes a lot of sense for smart switches. The switch always rests in the center so switch position never conflicts with current status. Up is always on and down is always off.

My complete configuration:

Module type: Tuya Dimmer (54)
GPI01: Tuya Tx (107)
GPI03: Tuya Rx (108)
GPI013: Tuya Rx (108)
GPI015: Tuya Tx (107)

I also changed the Tuya Dimmer ID using the following command in the html console SetOption34 3

Did you ever get that topgreener dimmer to work with Tasmota?

I did get both the switch and the dimmer working, and they both work great. I set them both as Tuya Dimmer (54) and set GPIO13 to Tuya Rx (108) and GPIO15 to Tuya Tx (107). I also had to make sure to SetOption34 3 in the console for the switch. The dimmer didn’t need any adjustments. I see that RichardU also set GPIO 1 and 3 in the post above, but I believe he’s referring to the switch.

Richard, glad to hear you got it working. Did you find that there’s an advantage to setting GPIO 1 and 3 in addition to 13 and 15?

1 Like

IIRC, I set 1 and 3 because it didn’t work without that. I got the impression that 13 and 15 only control the LED, but I’m in the blind on a lot of this.

Also, I’d also like to know if anyone has figured out how to pop off the toggle so it can be replaced with a different color. I’m about to revert to the Second rule of mechanics.

First rule of mechanics: Never force anything.
Second rule of mechanics: Sometimes you need to force things.

I just received my switches today, they have such good build quality! How did you guys get access to the esp pins for flashing? Did you de-solder the power board? Looks like that’s about 6pins on the switch and 6+2 pins on the dimmer. And then what? Thanks!

No need to access pins. You can flash over the air.

http://www.thesmarthomehookup.com/tuya-convert-walk-through-february-2019/

1 Like

Awesome! I’m able to confirm all of this. My switches are all flashed now, using a Raspberry Pi 3B (non plus) with no soldering involved. :sunglasses:

The last thing I’d like to tweak is that blue LED on the bottom of the switch. Right now it’s ON when the light is ON and OFF when the light is OFF. Can I reverse that?

1 Like

Have you looked through the set options on the Tasmota Wiki? You’re sure to be able to do that.

IIRC, others have asked this question and it’s not easy. Please prove me wrong and tell us about it.

Also FWIW, I’m a big fan of TasmotaAdmin, available as an Add-on in Hass.io. Great to see all your Tasmota devices in one location.

I can see that it’s an option of the generic Tasmota device, but I’m asking in this thread if somebody has figured it out for this particular topgreener switch.

Here’s a clip from the manual of how to pop off the switch faceplate:

1 Like

@dgmltn did you ever figure out the led toggle?

Anyone know how to send button event in a separate mqtt (i.e. press up, even when already on, will send a click mqtt message, or double clicking?). Thanks!

No, I never figured that out. I replaced all my switched with these so they all work the same now (even though I’d prefer the led to be reversed)

send one to this guy :slight_smile: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5ZdPKE2ckcBhljTc2R_qNA he could figure it out… he created a custom tasmotoa firmware for another switch to fix led status lights.