Tasmota Device not Showing

Very new to Home Assistant and I apologize if this is a dumb question. I’m trying to set up an existing Sonoff device that is flashed with Tasmota.

Device is (and has been on my wireless network for some time)
I have MQTT enabled on it with valid credentials.
I have Mosquitto installed on my HA system
If I go into Mosquitto broker and log I can see

1613350870: New client connected from 192.168.2.49 as DVES_ACDD2D (p2, c1, k10, u'user').
1613351808: Socket error on client DVES_ACDD2D, disconnecting.
1613351823: Saving in-memory database to /data/mosquitto.db.
1613351826: New connection from 192.168.2.49 on port 1883.
[INFO] found user on local database
1613351827: New client connected from 192.168.2.49 as DVES_ACDD2D (p2, c1, k10, u'user').

So it seems like the device is connecting, I’ve enabled option 19 on the Tasmota device. I have restarted HA, and it still doesn’t seem to be adding the device to the Overview panel, and I’ve even tried manually specifying the device in the YAML as per some templates I’ve seen online.

Not sure what I’m doing wrong here.

1 Like

I had a similar problem. It was solved when I upgraded the Tasmota version. The initial version that was flashed was a ‘lite’ version which misses certain features with Home Assistant. Look at the information tab when you access Tasmota on your Sonoff.

3 Likes

Just signed up to say upgrading Tasmota version on the device fixed my issue in January 2022

Thanks @Afelstrudel

1 Like

this indeed solved the problem , thank you!

Hi, I also have this issue, tasmota version 13

1 Like

Thank you, this also solved my issue.
It seems that OTA flashing of a Sonoff via DIY mode defaults to the ‘lite’ version of Tasmota - probably because it can’t recognise if the flash is big enough as I think some only have 512KB. As soon as you upgrade it, you get the ‘full’ version (~630KB) which works correctly with HA.

I’ve been slowly Tasmotizing all my Sonoff devices, and still stand by my opinion that soldering pin headers and flashing over TTL is easier than OTA in most cases - the only exception for me being the Sonoff Mini as the casing isn’t big enough to let you keep a permanent pin header.