Tasmota devices reconnet constantly to MQTT

Hi guys.
Thanks in advance for the support.

I’ve been having constant disconnects and reconnects in all my Tasmota devices. It’s only from MQTT.
I tried updating Tasmota and reinstalling Mosquito. etc. Nothing seems to work

Mosquitto logs

HA Logs

Tasmota Console

They worked flawlessly for years, and now this phenomenon started out of nothing.

Do you have any ideas? There I can’t find any other synthom

BR!

Check the serial console of the device?

Make sure you don’t have TasmoAdmin running - you only need to fire that up for updating tbh.

Hi. TasmoAdmin was running, I stopped it, but it didn’t solve it.

It’s the same for those connected through MQTT and Websocket (Zigbee bridge).

could there be some wifi issue?
maybe your selected channel is overcrowded?

else you could try restarting the MQTT server,
restart/update your tasmota devices.

Hi, thanks for the help.
I’ve tried all that.
I even deployed another Mosquitto server. ZB Bridge doesn’t use MQTT but WebSocket, and it has the same problem.

It doesn’t seem to be wifi. I never lost ping to the devices. I have 5 Tasmota devices, I updated 2 of them, but the issue is still here

Did you try to reboot your Wi-Fi access points or router ?

I know you say it’s been working for years but is the clientID different for each connecting device? MQTT requires unique clientID’s for each client and will immediately force disconnection of duplicates.
You can have duplicate usernames connected though.

-2 common issue when more than one client logging in with the same client ID.

yes, but it’s not the case:

and again, Zigbee bridge not using MQTT has the same problem

Hi! The problem drove me crazy for a week. In the end, It was “wifi” related. My Router/AP was crazy hot. With this, the Router CPU usage was too high and it bottlenecked every few minutes causing packets lost. The ESPs never reported that the wifi connection was lost. As soon As I cooled it down, all the problems were solved.

Thanks for all the help!

1 Like