Tasmota integration with 'detached' buttons

First off - Thanks for the new Tasmota integration - my config file is looking cleaner now I can do more in the UI. however I’ve possibly come across an issue when I separate buttons from relays (I’ve got a “button box” on my desk (see pic) that’s got 3* buttons and 3* LEDs connected

. Using a combination of switchmode5 and SetOption114, I’m getting the various combinations of button presses etc

MQTT traffic:

cmnd/tasmota_CF33C6/Status (null)
stat/tasmota_CF33C6/STATUS {"Status":{"Module":18,"DeviceName":"Buttonbox","FriendlyName":["Red","Amber","Green"],"Topic":"tasmota_CF33C6","ButtonTopic":"","Power":0,"PowerOnState":3,"LedState":1,"LedMask":"FFFF","SaveData":1,"SaveState":1,"SwitchTopic":"0","SwitchMode":[5,5,5,0,0,0,0,0],"ButtonRetain":0,"SwitchRetain":0,"SensorRetain":0,"PowerRetain":0}}
stat/tasmota_CF33C6/RESULT {"Button3":{"Action":"TRIPLE"}}

but they don’t appear automatically with the integration, so I had to add them to configuration.yaml:

sensor:
  - platform: mqtt
    name: Buttonbox Red
    state_topic: "stat/tasmota_CF33C6/RESULT"
    value_template: "{{value_json.Button1.Action }}"
    unique_id: bb_red
    name: Buttonbox Amber
    value_template: "{{value_json.Button2.Action }}"
    unique_id: bb_amb
    name: Buttonbox Green
    value_template: "{{value_json.Button3.Action }}"
    unique_id: bb_grn

and the state is “sticky” so I can’t toggle based on something like

- id: '1608264215030'
  alias: Red Button SINGLE
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: sensor.buttonbox_red
    to: SINGLE
  condition: []
  action:
  - type: toggle
    device_id: 03a9ff3643cdc26cb900cb68cddba3fd
    entity_id: switch.fountain
    domain: switch
  mode: single

without changing to another intermediate state. I tried setting expire_after: 2 but that sets all 3 buttons to unavailable rather than an “idle” state (and still keeps the last known value of all 3 buttons when the device republishes any of the button presses)

A quick glance at the docs seems like https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/device_trigger.mqtt/ is what I want, but how can this be integrated into Tasmota?

(pic of button box - I’ll leave the rats nest wiring up to your imaginations…

Not directly answering your question… but I had buttons for some tasmota device not appearing (it was discovered before I used SetOption73 to configure buttons etc), so I just deleted it from devices in tasmota in HA, and then restarted the tasmota device, after that it appeared and I had options to create automations from button press, double, triple… quintuple press.