Tasmota Plug - Auto Discovery - Sensor Vs Switch Or Light

Hi @DavidFW1960, I’m not compiling my own firmware. I did start at minimal 8.1.0.2 in one case and regular in another case, and after that I didn’t install any minimal, I followed the documented upgrade path (see below) - the instructions don’t indicate to use minimal), and now somehow I’m at 12.2.0 with minimal

if you use the .gz files you can skip minimal but theres not enough ram to flash the full version. If you have minimal now you should be able to flash the full version. How are you flashing them? Are you downloading the firmware and then using the GUI to update?

I’ve tried flashing from Tasmota OTA and via TasmoAdmin (using: Backlog OtaUrl http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/release/tasmota.bin.gz; Upgrade 1;)

I’d suggest downloading the firmware file to your computer and then upgrade by file upload in the console.

Bizarre! But I think I’m good.

• I installed from the file like you said and got a message " Upload Failed Not enough space", but then it refreshed and it’s no longer minimal and seems to be working as expected
  • I then did the same for my other plug that was also at 12.2.0 minimal but instead of getting the error it said it was was successful and it works as well

The solution is really the following:

@DavidFW1960

@HasQT

@DavidFW1960

This was only necessary for the last stage of the update to 12.2.0

So much gratitude to you all for helping, including @gadgetbazza - who was also very helpful!

3 Likes

it’s an absolute bastard troubleshooting this crap at times…

It really is! I’m so thankful for the generosity of time and knowledge from people like you in this forum :heart:

1 Like