Tasmota problem

If you toggle a switch on the Sonoff do you see a MQTT message?

NO
no message in putty
but in mqtt spy…

22000 messages
I’am not sure if this are messages or errors…
don’t know where to find them

Sorry - gave you the wrong command. When you have logged in to your Qnap type this -

mosquitto_sub -u USERNAME -P PASSWORD -v -t '#'

Then toggle a switch. For example, I get the following:

cmnd/sonoff-005-DHlamp/POWER OFF
stat/sonoff-005-DHlamp/RESULT {"POWER":"OFF"}
stat/sonoff-005-DHlamp/POWER OFF

My suspicion is that you will get something similar, and that your random ON/OFFs are not associated with an MQTT publication

-sh: mosquitto_sub: command not found

OK, let me dl mqtt_spy and remind myself how to use it …

thanks. yr the best

OK, in mqtt_spy, go to the green tab where you are connected to your broker. Click on the “All” tab and scroll to the bottom. You should be able to see all your new messages appear there.

OK?

When I connect to my MQTT broker, it is green
but no message is received.
because no topic is subscribed.
right?

Subscribe to # - a wildcard meaning all

Then click on the Last Received col so you can scroll back in time and see the messages as they come in

that’s it
let me record for couple of seconds

The question is - is there any mqtt activity associated with your ON/OFF activity on switch 4 - and it appears not, so far

You do have multiple Sonoffs active. Are you quite certain they have different client_ID’s? (In red box below)

OK, this is more and more sounding like interference. Nothing to do with HA.

I popped along to the Tasmota GitHub page and found this post near the top. Could you be having the same issue maybe?

I saw that.
I have also open a thread on github
will see if comes out from that thread

I know that this issue is NOT directly related to HA, but I know that here are a lot of very nice guys, like you, willing to help, and also I hope that this thread will help someone… before it runs into trouble like me…
some other guys reported similar problems, but I really need to be sure into devices I’am integrating into my home.
So, I really need to solve this issue. please don’t close this thread, 'cause it’s not solved.
I’ll give my best to help others, and report latest infos…

Why don’t you flash your Sonoff with a different firmware or use Tasmota but don’t connect it to a broker? This way you can rule out problems with Tasmota or with the brocker

it seems that problem is with MQTT broker. what can I do, to troubleshoot more, and came with solution which can help others

Why do you say you it is a problem with the broker? It’s a bit hard to help diagnosing a problem with no idea what it is!

absolutely right. I can’t say it is problem with broker, I thought the problem was with broker, but is not. All other devices are working properly except two tasmota PROs. So I don’t think that broker causes issues. I don’t know exactly what is the problem. the thing I haven’t try is RC filter. But RC filter can be solution when extra wires are run and causes some interferences, but problem is also with other device, that doesn’t run extra wires.
Don’t know what to try next

Try changing the firmware to Espurna for example…