Tasmota problem

Can this be installed on ESP8285? my PROS have 8285 instead 8266 chip

Yes. Check this page:

I’ll try to upload this to PRO’s

I have the same problem like you.
I disconnected all sonoff and I kept only the one was given me problems, the sonoff socket. No changes… the sonoff socket was turning ON randomly.
I disconnected home assistant and voila the sonoff kept off. So the problem is with home assistant.
To verify this error I verified the SD card and I tried to re-install home assistant. I discovered the 3 month years old SD card from Sandisk was having errors on the installation.
This means that home assistant writes so many times on the SD card that just destroys it in 3 months and now I need to buy a new one to avoid random issues.
Check if you have the same as me, how can we report this?
Can I use a hard disk to avoid problems with maximum writing times and install home assistant on it?

@mkomarac @josemmneves dont you have any automation that uses the problematic Sonoff?

Hello,

that is a very good question.
Before I discovered that it was Home Assistant who was creating problems all my Automations were OFF. :frowning:
So, all automations were OFF and I had random ON on the SONOFF Socket with TASMOTA.
With Home Assistant turned OFF the SONOFF Socket was all the time OFF with no random issues.

Can it be a problem with the mqtt broker?

it might be yes. I agree.
But just want to tell you that I have not being doing changes from the last 2 Months on the MQTT Broker so I don’t know what caused this issue.
At the moment I’m trying to install again HA from scratch with Hass.io last version because I had the Hassbian when this happened.
So I hope this problem is only on Hassbian.

It can be a problem with a topic with retain that keeps turning the device on…

okay it can be but, I have not being doing changes from the last 2 Months on HA. Since I installed it worked always without problems and only last week I started to have problems :S
Before last week it was working really good.

Maybe a problem with your SD card is preventing the broker from saving a message and it keeps trying endlessly…

Yes I think you are right.
I will buy a new SD card, install HA and check how everything goes from that…
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

mkomarac, check if your SD card is good, because I had the same issues as you. I will just buy a new SD card

@mkomarac
Have you recorded with mqtt-spy (wildcard #) while the random on/offs are happening?
Are there mqtt messages?

I have a similar problem and I suspect it is caused by a problem with the pull up resister to the input used on the Sonoff for the push button. I am about to pull the Sonoff apart and hardwire a pull up resister in place (with a capacitor I suppose).

This is mentioned on a discussion board I read, probably on the site hosting the Tasmota code.

@josemmneves
My HomeAssistant runs on Intel NUC, and I don’t have SD card, it’s 500GB WD 2,5" sata disk
@afe
I’don’t know how and why, but slowly ghosts are disappearing… 2nd tasmota, that is on workbench, retaining status alright. the 1st Tasmota, that is build into wall cabinet, when controlling with Alexa, and HASS, works great. and sometimes, when turned off or on with wall push switch, ti changes status randomly to different status, after, lets say 2 mins.
the ghosts, that ware living in my PRO’s are mostly gone… just stops sometimes to drive me crazy :slight_smile:

I have this problem too and i’m running Espurna since bought. Random turn on/off after a while etc. but only on PRO all other Basics and Duals are fine. What of this problem is related to co-processor runnning next to ESP?

Which kind of Home assistant do you have? Hass.io?

Hassio, 0.65.6
resinos 1.3
Supervisor 0.99

EDIT:
I have find out one more interesting thing:
I have bought PRO’s because they have push buttons to activate relays.
so, it should be equal, weather turning relay’s ON and OFF by pushing button on the device, or HADashboard, or Hassio interface.

But is NOT!

if I push button on the device, (or other push button dislocated away from PRO by STP cable) it won’t retain state, and turn ON/OFF; to be exactly different state, than it was.
but, if I control PRO’s by “soft” switches, HA Interface, HADashboard, or Alexa. everything is working as it should. So maybe problem lies by controlling PRO (or Tasmota) by hard wire switches!?
push button is connected to GPIOx in PRO’s and it triggers relay. I don’t see difference activating relays by pushing button, or OTA.
Any thoughts, or comments?

Sorry to bringing old thread back…
but is started to happening again.

long story short: Hassio 0.65.6 MQTT broher was on another machine on LAN.
after changing to MQTT broker on my NUC, and upgrading to 068 everything settle, and few months everything worked fine. in last month, I have noticed, that one light randomly powered on and off. that light is connected to SONOFF 4ch PRO, relay 3. I have regularly upgraded all versions between. Until 073 everything worked great.
last week, I have upgraded to 074, and Sonoff 4CH PRO, relay 3 started to fooling again.
when I restore good backup 073, same ghost switching happens.
Interesting is that relay 1,2 and 4 have NO issues what so ever, in the same device.

this switch isn’t used in any automation, changed MQTT broker (no pull up resistors inserted).

Really don’t know what is causing this errors.

Any help?