Tasmota pushbutton configuration

I am struggling to set up a remote button that shall only function as trigger and not change any states - like those ikea tradfri shortcut buttons.

I flashed an esp8266 (d1 mini) with tasmota, configured my homeassistant IP as mqtt server and generic (0) as module. I configured a relay (D3) and a button (D2).

The relay shows as entity in homeassistants tasmota integration. The device has a few more generic entities, but not the button as a sensor. The relay entity changes state every time I push the button. Why does it? Is there something like ButtonMode or anything else that I am missing?

This is probably a really stupid question but I have spend about two hours on this now, reading and trying and just can’t figure it out. Probably I will find some stupid mistake if I let it rest a while, but I wish I could move forward with my project now, so if someone could point me in the right direction I wourd really appreciate it…

What are you trying to get the button to do?

You could try some SwitchMode commands Commands - Tasmota to change the way the button reacts

Or SetOption13 1

But really need to know what you are trying to achieve :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I want to have the esp button trigger a notification (telegram) to function as a “remote door bell”. I could use one of those ikea tradfri shortcut buttons for this, but I only have one that is in use and my ikea is out of stock…

Now I have “solved” the problem by sending the message on any state change, but it just hurts not to find a more elegant solution. With the ikea button I can set a trigger to “button pressed”, but how do I get this from a tasmota pushbutton?

I tried SetOption13 1 but it seems to behave just like before (state changes on push). I am also looking through the commands list, but as I understand it, all those commands only apply for switches, and one can make a switch behave like a button. But since I have a button, I want it to behave like one and there is a module for button, I am just very confused that it doesn’t behave the way I expect…

Just trigger a rule with a state change, wont matter if its on or off just that it changed.

That is my workaround, but I don’t like it and I still wonder why I can’t get the button to function as a button in tasmota. Maybe I find out someday and then I will fix this :slight_smile:

You need to use the button topic & rules
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Buttons-and-Switches/#switchmode

SetOption73 1 will detach buttons (as opposed to a switch) from relay