Tasmota: Turn on for X

Hi all.

I have some water solenoids that are controlled by Sonoff SV’s flashed with tasmota.

WIFI reception can be a little patching where they are located, and every now and then they receive the command to turn on, but not the command to turn off.

I have PulseTime set, which is better than nothing because they wont run indefinitely if the off command is missed, but its set somewhat arbitrarily and static on the device.

Is there a way to turn on a tasmota switch for x with a single mqtt message?
If not, I guess i could create a number entity with an automation to update the PulseTime on the device when the number changes but that seems a little clunky, and it feels like there should be a better way, just not one ive been able to discover.

You can use a backlog command to do turn on, delay x, turn off. This is one message that concatenates multiple commands. See Tasmota commands documentation.

https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Commands/#the-power-of-backlog

That looks like exactly what I want!

Thanks

So its as simple as
Backlog Power1 OFF; Delay 600; Power1 ON
Where 600 is the delay time?

Am i reading that correctly?

Yes. I use this on a tasmota plug to reboot my router as when off, HA control is lost, so this just runs a power off, wait and power back on cycle on its own.

So turns out delay has a max value of 3600 which isnt long enough for my use case.

So im back to using pulsetime, which is fine and better than nothing!