TCP Client for Sungrow Devices with encryption

Hi There,

I am running Homeassistant on a Raspberry Pi3, using hassio. I am using Home Assistant OS core-2022.5.3 and Home Assistant OS 7.6.

I want to retrieve data from my SunGrow Inverters (SH5K-30).

I have installed ModbusTCP2MQTT from here GitHub - TenySmart/HassioAddon: Home Assistant Addons Repository. The installation went fine, and the client is sending requests, however I am receiving an error that connection is refused.

ERROR:pymodbus.client.sync:Connection to (192.168.1.53, 501) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused
ERROR:pymodbus.client.sync:Connection to (192.168.1.53, 501) failed: [Errno 111] Connection refused
WARNING:root:No data. Try increasing the timeout or scan interval.
WARNING:root:Failed to scrape inverter, sleeping until next scan

I believe that Sungrow have adopted encryption to their modbus connection and I suspect that may be the issue.

To address that I found the project TCP Client for Sungrow Devices with AES128 ECB encryption by rpvelloso, which adds encryption to the modbus client

The instruction says to " just replace ModbusTcpClient() with SungrowModbusTcpClient()".

Can someone please advise how I go about that. I can connect to the system console using ssh, but I don’t know where to go after that.

Thanks

Anthony

hi,
were you able to get some additional info on this, how to make that change? trying to figure it out myself and getting stuck where/ what to do

Heigo2,

no I have not yet been successful. I have parked it for the moment.

Anthony