TCP commands for Ethernet relay

nee, nooit ervaren hier, heb het ongeveer al een meer als een jaar actief
ik poll om de 10 sec

1 keer is mijn master eens gecrashed, maar dat was door te testen met verkeerde commandos enzo, toen hing alles …

Ik ook om de 10 seconden… Al mijn digitale outputs werken, nu nog men dimmers , temp metingen en bijsturen als het te warm of koud is. Nadien de moods nog en dan kan ik beginnen spelen :slight_smile:

Zonder deze topic was het me niet gelukt! Deze site zit nu in mijn favorieten! Toch al bedankt!!

Die sh kreeg ik niet aan het werk dus nu zit alles in de config hahahaha

Wat gebruik je trouwens voor die moods?

Al camera’s gebruikt?

moods? dat zijn gewoon sferen , maar eigenlijk gebriuk ik ze niet meer met dobiss, ik maak nu de sferen aan in HA zelf, omdat je dan ook andere apparaten kan inschakelen…
cameras heb ik ook, via synology surveillance, heb er 7 :slight_smile:

I’m in the progress of writing a dobiss2mqtt-like thing as an experiment.

I just played around with a network sniffer on my android phone and the dobiss app.

Turns out if you send the following, it replies you with the state of all outputs on the relais. The states are at the start of the fifth byte in the response. The dobiss app just spams this every x milliseconds in order to get a realtime-looking feed. This makes it easier because you don’t have to manually add all the relais and outputs.

0xAF,
            0x01,
            0x08,
            relais, // for me 0x01 is the first one, 0x02 second etc.
            0x00,
            0x00,
            0x00,
            0x01,

0x00,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xAF,

Also, I have to send the following to modify an output on a relais:

0xAF,
            0x02,
            0x08,
            relais,
            0x00,
            0x00,
            0x08,
            0x01,

0x08,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0xAF

relais,
            output,
            action, // 0x00 off, 0x01 on, 0x02 toggle
            0xFF,
            0xFF,
            0x64,
            0xFF,
            0xFF

It looks like you guys have to send something else which is a little odd to me. Also, for me CAN programmer is listening on port 10001. Do I have a different version from you guys ?

But for my setup I’d like to know whenever a switch is pressed.

I need this because I have smart lightbulbs which basically always need power. A click on a switch should translate in powering on the relais output if not on already + sending a command to my lightbulb to turn on or off. Also, I’d also love to trigger automations when I click my switches which are not related to lights. Thoughts on this ? Does anybody know if it’s possible ?

I am thinking of just jacking into the CANBUS with a little receiver/transmitter and an ESP board if I can’t read it via the CAN programmer.

1 Like

yeah, i think indeed code is different , seems related to the system
i still have the older sysem, called dobiss evolution sx , seems thats code is indeed different
when i started with the dobiss project i also started to control other stuff, not retaled to the dobiss system, like turning on smart bulbs, the television, stuff like that, with a button switch on my Niko

what i did, i created a “fake” program, that i turned on/off with a switch, actually a pogrammation that turned on some dummy stuff
so when polling the dobiss, if the programmation was “on” or “off” , i could control anything in HA

i had todo it with a programmation, since a programmation could have the state on/off, a mood doesnt have that in dobiss

I don’t have programmation sadly. It’s evolution x stuff I think. It’s greyed out in my Ambiance software. I think I’ll try and hook into the canbus. Try and read what’s going on there. I think it’ll be the easiest way… . Still going to do the other integration since not all lights have smart bulbs.

Maybe you can see in your Wireshark log when a mood is triggered, then you can create a dummy mood

@spobo how is it going? :slight_smile:

It’s slow going because I am experimenting with techniques I don’t normally work with. RxJS combined with TypeScript. But I wanted to make it a learning experience. Still need to hook it up to MQTT. And I am waiting on hardware to hook into the canbus network to try and detect switch presses.

if anyone is interested there is a way to look a the code that dobiss uses in their “plug” to provide the web interface.
it is basically a can2usb connector that exposes a serial interface and where the web interface writes to the can bus.
except my coding skill are not that great to understand what they are doing.
this if for example a toggle code:

$pack = pack('C*', 0x02, $type, $countBytes, $high, $low, $toggleValue, 0xFF);
$canInterface->write($pack, 7);

I’m also looking into how to capture a button press directly from the max controller

I believe in this topic, if you scroll to the beginning somewhere were we started the dobiss discussion, someone managed to capture the code from the webinterface/webserver…

Btw, I also verry interested to capture z button press instantly… Now I poll every 20 sec to get the states of my lights,. But if it could be instant, I could also use the niko buttons to control automations and other stuff in HA… Turn the TV on :wink:

first experiment in coupling the can2usb failed :cry:
complete lockup of the controller.
but I saw commands from the bus on the can2usb
so I think there is a way to listen to the canbus for keypresses
(I’m not using the webapi of the webserver but directly the exposed canbus)

Yeah, had some lock ups too when I was testing my tcp commands… But keep us posted :wink:

What kind of dobiss system do you have? Can I help with something?

@pergola.fabio I’ve just installed HA and one of my goals is to manage the lights in my home which are currently connected to an (old) Dobiss system. Can you send me the Dobiss documentation that you have? The links above don’t work anymore.

I have a Dobiss SX Evolution / Max 200.

Thanks

here you go : https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8iun70h4rbjojn/SX%20Evolution%20-%20IP%20acties.pdf?dl=0

and if you scroll above somewhere, i have a verry big post about my config, how to send command to lights/covers/switches and a sensor to poll the state of your dobiss
post 151

@pergola.fabio

Any idea why I get this error:

## Log Details (ERROR)

Fri Feb 21 2020 00:37:08 GMT+0100 (Central European Standard Time)

Command failed: shell_command.dobissreceive-

Is your script actually on the same directory? Try to run it from a ssh terminal, then you maybe see what’s wrong with it

/config/configuration.yaml contains the config and the script is in /config/python_scripts/
Is that wrong?