TCP Smart switch support

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows whether Home Assistant supports the “TCP Smart” wifi switches?

Here’s the product on Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/TCP-Smart-WiFi-Switch/dp/B07HY3NBCC

Unfortunately I couldn’t find much more technical information on it.

Thanks in advance!

And a hell of a term to search the forum on, given that every thread probably holds the word ‘smart’ and almost as many will refer to networking protocols.

2 Likes

I also found the following, which provides a little more detail, but unfortunately no specs…

Guess I’ll have to buy one and crack it open!

Did you find out anymore about this? I just bought the “TCP Smart Wi-Fi Plug” (who thought TCP would be a good name?!) and cannot see it in HA at present

edit: I’ve found it works with the tuya smart life app with works with HA

2 Likes

Hi @loz9876 does this still work for you fine using the tuya app?

Perhaps a little late to this, but for anyone else looking at these devices for a 4way controllable smart device (I’ve no idea why in the UK these seem so rare!)

I picked one up yesterday (30/12/2019) and the simplest way to get them working with HA was with tuyu-convert, the process was very painless and took less than 20mins from scratch (and that was mostly me trying to figure things out)

All you need is a linux box (A Raspberry pi 3 works fine, although I had issues getting it to work with the ver4)
Follow the install instructions for tuya-convert - https://github.com/ct-Open-Source/tuya-convert
Turn the TCPSmart switch on (you’ll have to press and hold the ‘on’ button for about 10 seconds for it to enter EasyConfig (the LED will flash repeatedly)

Run tuya-convert and your device will now run Tasmota :slight_smile:

You’ll need to use a custom profile for the device, but this one I created seems to work just fine: {“NAME”:“TCPSMART4AC4USB-UK”,“GPIO”:[0,56,0,17,23,24,0,0,22,21,25,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}

Hopefully this will help someone else :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This is indeed very useful! Can you get the physical button to work?

1 Like

Thanks for this was very useful for me in getting one of TCPs smart wall sockets
I managed to get Tasmota on these devices using Tuya Convert running on a Raspberry Pi, what I have struggled with is getting both of the physical buttons working, anyone got any ideas, I’ve tried all the pins on the generic profile and can only get the right button working. Anyone got one of these working fully?