Technicolor TG-789vac V2 DSL Stats

I take it you are using the component from @htpc-helper?? If so, I can’t help as I’m using a rather old component that pre-dates his and I modified to work with my setup.

From memory though, I had to disable some lines that got line snr values as they were causing issues. Not sure if that is a problem with htpc component with tch-nginx-gui.

Yes it is component from @htpc-helper .I think the problem is authentication.if I load the lp file directly in the browser I still need to login first then the data comes through.might need to look at the tgiistat project and reinstate the authentication from that

ah yes, that’s the issue I was having with his script. Sorry, I forgot about that. :grimacing: For some reason, the stock firmware (I assume) he is using exposes a lot of the tiles without logging in. The tch-nginx-gui theme requires you to log in. I can’t see a way around this and thought it was normal as my stock firmware from my ISP also requires a login.

yeah my stock required login as well.I thought maybe calling the modals bypassed the need for authentication but nope. Just looking at the authentication part of tgiistat part now.might need to hardcode user etc in at the start till I can get my head fully around how HA passes values through.

I posted a link above with the component I’m using. It works with authentication, but needs to be modified to have the correct modal. I also needed to comment out the lines getting snr values as it was giving me errors.

I haven’t looked yet at merging the two different components. Not sure if it can be done.

Sorry I missed the original post about tch-nginx-gui. This looks awesome and I’m keen to have a look. Perhaps we just make the plugin compatible with this as it can become a standard interface for all the variants of the modem.

I’m still running the original version of the plugin that I published in Nov last year. I haven’t updated my Hass setup since then.

This weekend I’m setting up a Technicolor modem with Hass monitoring for my Dad and it would be ideal if I can have tch-nginx-gui on this new setup with the latest version of the plugin.

You could, but that would require that everyone has rooted their modem and installed this.

Ideally, I think a few checks might be the better way to go. Check to see if authentication is required, if so, then authenticate, or have it as a config option. No details, not authentication. Also check to see if the normal modal works, if not, load the other, either way doesn’t matter.

I feel this wold be a better functioning component that everyone can use and not just by those brave enough to fiddle with their modem.

Didn’t even have time to set up the Technicolor modem for Dad on the weekend although the metrics gathered from speedestdotnet have been helpful to identify times of day that his connection slows down. Now I’m setting up InfluxDB and Grafana to capture the data and plot some charts for him.

When I come back to this I’d like to implement the solution suggested by @cjsimmons where a series of checks ensure that the plugin is compatible with a wide variety of modems.

As such I suppose we should continue consolidating the differences between the modems. If anyone knows a better way of obtaining this info please let me know. We’ll need the URL of the modal, a sample of html returned, and auth details (if any).

If any other developers would like to be involved with this please send me a message and I will add you on Github.

Anyone of you knowledgeable guys who knows how to make a device_tracker for technicolor that does not use telnet. The current device_tracker (Thomson) depends on telnet and apparently my TG799vac Xtream does nor support it.

I have tried Nmap and a custom component iphonedetect. Neither is fast enough.

I finally got time to work on this and I managed to get this one to log in and provide more info of course based on the modified ui.So far it pulls

datetime:
up_rate:
down_rate:
up_maxrate:
down_maxrate:
up_power:
down_power:
up_noisemargin:
down_noisemargin:
up_transferred:
down_transferred:
up_attenuation1:
up_attenuation2:
up_attenuation3:
down_attenuation1:
down_attenuation2:
down_attenuation3:
dsl_uptime:
dsl_mode:
dsl_type:
dsl_status:
product_vendor:
product_name:
software_version:
firmware_version:
hardware_version:
serial_number:
mac_address:
uptime:
modem_time:
external_ip:
external_gateway:
external_dns:

yaml entry looks like

• platform: technicolor
    name: FRIENDLYNAME
    host: MODEMIP
    username: YOURUSER
    password: YOURPASSWORD

I would really like this feature too

I think the key to a device tracker is the device-modal.lp file which gives a table of connected devices that could be scrapped and checked at regular intervals for connected devices

there is also an ajax/connected_device.lua which provides a table of connected device in the below format whenever it is called

{“device_table”:“<div class="control-group"><table id="devices" class="table table-striped"><thead><tr><th>Hostname</th><th>IPv4</th><th>InterfaceType</th><th>SSID</th></tr></thead><tbody><tr><td data-title="Hostname">Device name</td><td data-title="IPv4">de.vi.ce.ip</td><td data-title="InterfaceType">Ethernet - 4</td><td ></td> </tr></tbody></table></div>”}

and on lua front there is ajax/internet.lua that provides formated internet stats and ajax/cpuload.lua that provides details in below

{“connection”:“613”,“uptime”:“6 days 10 hours 14 minutes 8 seconds”,“cpuusage”:“11%”,“system_time”:“03/04/2019 21h:18m:40s”,“cpuload”:“0.45 0.45 0.52”,“ram_free”:38}

I want to start putting in some error checking for the different modem types and I know we have a few different names for the modal files.I was wondering if people could give me a file listing dump of what is in their modal directory along with the model and software version of modem as I need to see how many variants we are dealing with here?

Looking good guys. It’s good to see some forward motion happening. I’m happy to test out if needed. Like I said above, I have a VANT6 varient of the modem currently running firmware 17.2, with the custom UI.

@cjsimmons can you have a check and see if your version has broadband-modal.lp, gateway-modal.lp and internet-modal.lp

How does one check that?

easiest way is put the URL http://modem.ip/modals/gateway-modal.lp into browser and same for the other files and see if you get a result

Sorry mate. Totally been distracted from HA for the last week.

I’ve just had a look. I have gateway-modal.lp, broadband-modal.lp, and internet-modal.lp

Thanks for that.at least you have the same as me.