Teckin smart plug flashed with Tasmota reporting weird power consumption

Hi all

I have a Teckin smart plug which I was able to flash with Tasmota. It used to work pretty well and to report all information to HA via MQTT. I also built an automation such that if the consumption drops over a certain limit, it automatically shut it down. This has been always working since the day I set it up, but lately it started to report a crazy consumption and the behavior is recurring. Basically if I turn it on and for example attach a charger to charge a phone, it displays the consumption, but after roughly 1 hour it drops below the limit I set and after a while the automation triggers and it shut the plug down. See the screenshot below:
Any idea on what that could be due to?

Maybe your phone is causing it. As it reaches close to 100% (90-95%) it might drop the load on the charger.

Hello Gabor!
I actually thought the same but I noticed it’s doing like this with other devices as well. Trying to charge my fitness band it did the same as well as when having a LED lamp on… The weirdest thing is that it drops the consumption after roughly one hour regardless what device is attached to it. However, I got it working when charging 2 power banks, maybe because the power absorption was higher…

Anybody else has some other ideas?

Try plugging a lamp into it for a few hours to confirm it’s not the Teckin causing this, otherwise it’s just the charge current being managed by the device.

Yeah I’ll give it a try and see what happens…