Telegram Callback - what does it do if.....?

Can someone clarify what a callback does if the original telegram message is called by a sensor that will have changed state before the callback occurs?

To be precise, I’m using the callback pretty much exactly as described in the OP of this thread Telegram bot notifications and communication (copied below for ease).

The original telegram message is called when a Waze travel time sensor goes over a set time. What happens when asking for a callback in (say) 30 minutes? Does the exact same message get sent or will it use the updated Waze sensor value?

Thanks.

1 Like

I think that’s what I set up in the other thread :slight_smile: in which case, I intended for it to reply with the exact same message in 30 minutes time.

Specifically, the ‘{{ trigger.event.data.message.text }}’ grabs the message from the event. You can change this to grab the current value from the sensor if you’d prefer?

‘{{ states.sensor.waze }}’ or whatever, I’m not sure how was works.

My use case was a reminder for calendar events, so I didn’t want it reminding me about a different event if the sensor changed.

Doh!
Yes, thank you, it’s obvious when you look at it properly, message: can of course be anything I want it to be!
I think I have just been blinded by the novelty-cool value of having my house talk to me!!